[Reader-list] FW: Invite - Our Pasts, Our Words - February 23 - 24

ravikant ravikant at sarai.net
Tue Feb 22 17:29:06 IST 2011

    Dear Friends,

Greetings from all of us at AMAN !

We invite you to a two day festival  / "Our Pasts, Our Words"/ . The
festival is being organized in collaboration with History Society,
Ramjas College, Delhi University on 23 - 24 February 2011 at Ramjas
College. Below is the schedule of the programme. Details can also be
found on our website www.amanpanchayat.org. Please forward this to your
friends and colleagues or those who might be interested.

/*History Society Ramjas in collaboration with AMAN Trust, New Delhi
*/

/**//*presents*//* */

/*- Our Pasts,Our Words*/ -

_*February 23, 2011*_

/*Time*/

/*Programme*/

/*Speakers / Guests*/

/*Venue*/

9.30 am -- 12 noon

The Ayodhya Verdict: Towards a Historical, Legal and Political Critique

Sohail Hashmi, Gauhar Raza , Professors Kumkum Roy, Supriya , Varma and
Najaf Haider (CHS, JNU)

Ramjas College Seminar Room

12.15 pm -- 2.30 pm

Anupam Gupta (Sr. Advocate) and Dilip Simeon (Historian and Novelist)

4.30 pm Onwards

Majaaz and Faiz: A Lyrical Prelude

Sumangala Damodaran and Shanney Naqvi

Ramjas College Eco Lawns

_*February 24, 2011*_

/*Time*/

/*Programme*/

/*Speakers / Guests*/

/*Venue*/

9.30 -- 1.15 pm

Asrar-ul-Haq Majaaz (1911-55) Aur Faiz Ahmed Faiz (1911-84) ki Yaad Mein
: - Conversations, Lives and Poetry of Faiz and Majaaz

Akhlaque Ahan, SR Kidwai, Sudhanwa Deshpande, Noor Zaheer, Ali Javed and
Zarina Bhatty of the Progressive Writers, IPTA

Ramjas College Canteen Building

2.00 pm -- 5.30 pm

Majaaz: Readings, Recitations and Reminiscences

Akhilesh Mithal, Shahid Mahdi, Najma Rehmani, SM Mehdi, Sohail Akbar,
Jawed Naqvi, Aditya Nigam, Shanney Naqvi, Anwaar Khan, Ali Khusro,
Sohail Hashmi, Gauhar Raza

5.30 pm

Zikr-e-Faiz

Danish Hussain and Mahmood Farooqui