[Reader-list] A Season of Footage and Films, Part 10, Women at Work. Tomorrow Feb. 27 at CAMP, Mumbai

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Sun Feb 27 14:23:56 IST 2011

CAMP continues our winter season of screenings exploring footage both
within and without the usual capsule of "the film".  This Sunday we
present:

Women at Work.

Footage from the Dharavi Documentation project.
170 mins.

Sunday February 27
7:00 pm.
At
CAMP roof
301, Alif Apartments,
Chium village, Khar (w)
Mumbai- 52

Film-maker, Richa Hushing, and camerapersons, Tapan Vyas and Rrivu
Laha, take us through Koliwada and Kumbharwada in Dharavi. The footage
visits a kiln, a congested road, a fish market and a number of
workshops. It looks at women, who make a formidable percentage of the
total workforce in Dharavi, and the object and spaces they interact
with while they work (leather belts, fish, pots, terraces). The
material was shot in 2008 around when the Dharavi Re-development
Project was put on hold and is sourced from the Dharavi Documentation
Project in pad.ma and is part of the digital image archive, Godaam
(Majlis).

See you there!

For questions and responses email info(@)camputer.org

camputer.org