[Reader-list] Muslim boy who moved Aseemanand to confess

Javed javedmasoo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:32:06 IST 2011

Abdul Kaleem – the man who moved Aseemanand to confess

By Mumtaz Alam Falahi,TwoCircles.net

New Delhi: Even hardcore terrorists and diehard Hindutva extremists
could have a heart which can melt, forcing them to admit their sins.
This became evident in the case of Swami Aseemanand. What moved old
RSS man Aseemanand to confess his role in terror blasts in the country
is not investigators’ hard questioning but the good moral conduct of a
Muslim youth – 21-year-old Abdul Kaleem.

During his brief stay in Chanchalguda district jail in Hyderabad after
his arrest in November 2010 in connection with Mecca Masjid blast
case, Aseemanand encountered an inexplicable human experience. He was
converted at heart by a young co-inmate Kaleem. Kaleem helped
Aseemanand lot in the jail – he would help the old man by bringing him
food, water etc. The terror conspirator was very much moved by the
Muslim youth’s conduct. But the dramatic turn came when Aseemanand one
day asked Kaleem to tell him about him and his family. One of hundreds
of innocent Muslim youths languishing in jail in terror cases, Kaleem
told Aseemanand he had served one and half years in the same jail in
the Mecca Masjid blast case. He told him he was innocent. At that
moment, the conscience in Aseemand woke up and he decided to confess
the sins he has done and for which innocent Muslims youths are being
punished.

“Sir, when I was lodged in Chanchalguda district jail in Hyderabad,
one of my co-inmates was Kaleem. During my interaction with Kaleem I
learnt that he was previously arrested in the Mecca Masjid bomb blast
case and he had to spend about one and half years in prison. During my
stay in jail, Kaleem helped me a lot and used to serve me by bringing
water, food, etc for me. I was very moved by Kaleem’s good conduct and
my conscience asked me to do prayschit (penance) by making a
confessional statement so that real culprits can be punished and no
innocent has to suffer,” Aseemanand said in his confessional statement
before the magistrate in New Delhi on 18th December 2010.

In his 42-page confessional statement, Aseemanand confessed he and
other Hindutva extremists were behind various terror blasts in the
country including Malegaon, Ajmer, Mecca Masjid and Samjhauta Express.
He has also named RSS leader Indresh Kumar as main conspirator.
Aseemanand was arrested on 19 November 2010 by the CBI from a hideout
in Haridwar. He had been a fugitive for over two years since Sadhvi
Pragya’s arrest in October 2008.

According to Tehelka weekly which first disclosed Aseemanand’s
confession, Kaleem, a cell phone seller, was arrested and tortured in
2007 for the blast at Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad. He spent a
year-and-half in jail before being acquitted.

http://twocircles.net/2011jan10/abdul_kaleem_–_man_who_moved_aseemanand_confess.html