[Reader-list] [Announcements] Fwd: Meeting - An Exploration of Body and Space

Logos Theatre logos.theword at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 01:04:29 IST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arka Mukhopadhyay <arka.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com>
Date: 16 January 2011 00:35
Subject: Meeting - An Exploration of Body and Space

Meeting - An Exploration of Body and Space
“... it is not important whether it is called a theatre. Such a place is
necessary. If a theatre did not exist, another pretext would be found”
(Jerzy Grotowski)

 "Meeting" - An Exploration of Body and Space, at Akhra, , Madhaymgram,West
Bengal, from January17-19th, 10 AM to 4 PM.  (Space courtesy Alternative
Living Theatre)

Amidst the frenzy of development, amidst the incessant din of consumption,
we have lost harmony. Once we were grounded in the Earth, but now we are
rootless. The more we accumulate, the further we move from our Selves.
Meeting is a shared space to come together and celebrate, to move through
sound to silence, through movement to stillness, through others to the Self,
through space to the Spaceless. A place to breathe, to move, to be.

The session is open to all.

Conducted by  Arka Mukhopadhyay and Supriyo Samajdar.

Arka is a performer and performance researcher who works with breath, body
and space. He has performed and given workshops all over India and abroad.

Supriyo Samajdar -

Born in 1969 in India. Theatre director and practitioner. Studied directing
at the Rabindra Bharati University in Kolkata. Worked with many acclaimed
theatre artists: directors  Salil Sarakar, Probir Guha, Raul Iaiza, Abani
Biswas, actress Rena Mirecka, dancers Ranjabati Sarkar, Tripura Kashyap and
others.

Founded Bibhaban, an experimental theatre company in 1996 and has been
directing, writing plays and leading it since. Since 2002 he is running his
research project on mukta natya (open theatre), exploring the communication
between a spectator and a performer,Through this research work presently he
is working on a project called- approach to silence,    inspired by the
 works of AntoninArtuad and Jerzy Grotowski.

He participated in Regula contra Regulam, research project of Teatro La
Madrugada, in Brzezinka (Poland) in 2008.His research paper" in search of a
new form -open theatre was" selected for a international
symposium-“Language(s) of Theatre”, organized by Jawaharlal Nehru
University, New Delhi and the Indian Society for Theatre Research (ISTR).
 in january 2009, and "Grotowski - Alongside - Around - Ahead" at the
University of Kent in Canterbury(England) in june 2009.

contact : 9831731422/9830034978

--
Stat rosa pristina nomine,
nomina nuda tenemus