[Reader-list] individual 'solutions'

Nagraj Adve nagraj.adve at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:07:41 IST 2011

Bipin, what I wrote earlier is broadly part of what might be a
collective response. The other aspect is how one might respond
individually. In the context of global warming, this would entail
(better-off individuals) identifying the most high emitting activities
and consumption and minimizing that or cutting it out entirely - such
as flying, using personal ACs, etc.
Unlike some on the Left, I think individual responses are also
important, though perhaps less so. However, I've stopped talking about
it to most people at the individual level. Not because it's not
important, but because most often these dialogues don't go anywhere.
It's up to folks to figure out the seriousness of the issue and do
what they think relevant. However, even those who do change their
lifestyles mostly do so at the margins whereas much more strong
changes are needed.
Naga