[Reader-list] THROW OUT ANTI NATIONAL ELEMENT

Lalit Ambardar lalitambardar at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:01:40 IST 2011

 Those who may wish to learn a bit more about the perfidious Kashmiri- pan Islamists  would be  benefited by the following piece from one who has been one of the founders of JKLF & rose to become its President.

 Anti India propaganda emanating from valley & peddled further by certain quarters outside can not be sole reference for drawing anti India inferences.
Rgds all
LA
How sad?
Dr Shabir Choudhry      22 January 2011

How sad,
those who want to empower people and speak for rights of all people of
Jammu and Kashmir are accused of being pro India; and those who want to
communalise polity of the region by dividing people in name of religion
are called ‘freedom fighters’.

How sad, those who want human
rights for all citizens and express their concern about human rights
abuses in all regions of the State of Jammu and Kashmir are called pro
Hindu or pro India; and those who speak for rights of only Muslims are
called ‘true representatives of Kashmir’.

How sad, those who
want to promote peace, prosperity and democratic rights of all citizens
of the State of Jammu and Kashmir are accused of speaking India’s
language; and those who want to create chaos, disrupt normal life,
promote culture of fear and intimidation, kill those who question or
disagree with anti democracy and anti people policies are hailed as
‘heroes’.

How sad, those who promote pro people and pro Kashmir
policies are accused of being in hands of India; and those who openly
advance a Pakistani agenda in Kashmir, use their resources to advance
extremism, communalism and hatred are projected as ‘leaders’ and
‘mujahids’.

How sad, those who advance violence, religious
extremism and intolerance in Jammu and Kashmir, and present right of
accession disguised under colourful wrapping of a right self
determination are rewarded and promoted as ‘freedom fighters and
leaders’; and those sons of soil who sincerely promote, peace,
stability, prosperity, equality for all and expose and oppose forces of
extremism, communalism and hatred are called ‘agents’ and ‘anti
movement’.

How sad, that in summer of 2010 normal life in the
Valley was disrupted in name of stone pelting, and schools and
colleges, offices, shops were closed because of fear and disruption;
and this caused loss to Jammu and Kashmir economy and damaged
infrastructure worth 700 crors rupees. Those who talked of reason and
opposed this disruption as it hurt ordinary people, it hurt education
of students and it hurt local economy were called pro India and anti
Movement; and those responsible for this loss were hailed as ‘leaders’
and ‘saviours’.

How sad, no one told them that the property and
infrastructure they were damaging did not belong to Manmohan Singh or
Sonia Gandhi, but it belonged to the people of Jammu and Kashmir. No
one told them that students whose education suffered were ordinary sons
and daughters of people of Kashmir (children of leaders study outside
the boundary of the State); and economy that was shattered belonged to
the local people, and protest and subsequent violence only damaged
local interest and future of next generation.

How sad, those who
were killed and injured in this wave of unrest they and their families
suffered and continue to suffer, their concern for next meal and other
necessities of life have grown; and those who were leading this stone
pelting movement their kitchens never faced any shortage of supply.

How
sad, some of the people at the forefront of the stone pelting movement
only travel first class and enjoy luxurious life; and people who came
out to throw stones and in some cases set light to property are
suffering due to lack of appropriate facilities and low income.

How
sad, APHC leaders decided not to speak truth and hide facts from the
people and accused India of killing political leaders (Mir Waiz Farooq
and Abdul Ghani Lone) when they knew some others were culprits.

How
sad, when Professor Abdul Ghani Bhat decided to speak out about these
killings after 20 years long silence, he only spoke half truth that
‘India was not responsible for these killings’; and still did not say
who killed them? Is he too afraid to tell the truth or he and his
colleagues think rewards from across the border could stop if he opens
his mouth?

How sad, that sons (Mir Wais Umer Farooq, Bilal
Lone and Sajjad Lone) of these two leaders killed in broad day light
also decided to remain quiet over murder of their fathers. I remember
Sajjad Lone speaking in a conference in London, where in reply to
Banazir Bhutto’s speech, he said: At least you can say who killed your
father (Zulfqar Ali Bhutto), I cannot even point finger out at those
who killed my father.

How sad, that imported gun brought its own
culture of fear and intimidation and forced weeping sons and daughters
to remain quiet; and not to expose killers of their fathers. It also
forced leaders and ordinary people to fall in line or be prepared for
repercussion.

How sad, these leaders tell lies, fabricate facts
and mislead people to enhance their personal and political agenda; and
ordinary people seem to have no option but either to remain quiet or
follow them.

How sad, those who were charged with the
responsibility to lead are led themselves by others; and have lost all
sense of direction.

How sad, that ordinary people cannot even
tell their so called leaders that they have no agenda for azadi
(independence); and that they were going in circles which result in
death, destruction and suffering of the ordinary people. How sad.

Writer
is Head Diplomatic Committee of Kashmir National Party, political
analyst and author of many books and booklets. Also he is Director
Institute of Kashmir Affairs.Email:drshabirchoudhry at gmail.com
View my blog and web: www.drshabirchoudhry.blogspot.com
www.k4kashmir.com