[Reader-list] Looking for Urdu/Arabic Translators

ambarien qadar ambarien at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 09:35:16 IST 2011

Dear all,
I am looking for someone interested in collaborating  in doing english to Urdu translations for a selection of experimental writing  based on walking in Jamia Nagar. The earliest drafts of this go back to year 2000 and the writing style combines the position of being a timeless woman flaneur with the activity of spying and acute observation. It includes references to the 2008 killing of what were called terrorists alongwith a general sense of what the experience of being watched feels like.
This text forms the backdrop of a single channel video that I am currently working on. It is titled  The Ghetto Girl. Please note that this would be a paid position. Though I can read and write Urdu/Arabic, I feel too close to the drafts and the way they have shaped over the years.
If interested, please write to me at ambarien[at]gmail.com. Thanks, ambarien