[Reader-list] Casting Call - SITA - URGENT - "Indian female child, 8 years to 12 years of age, A white female, mid-40s to mid-50s"/MOFILM Current Competitions

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Sat Jul 9 08:28:12 IST 2011

Casting Call: Sita

Sita is a short film by Arpita Kumar about an Indian woman doctor and her patient, Sita, as both women get embroiled in the seedy underbelly of the commercial surrogacy industry. Driven by the moral compass of the doctor, the film culminates in tragic irony when the body of a young girl and Sita's rented womb becomes the site for the opposing narratives on female reproduction.

Director: Arpita Kumar (MFA film/video at CalArts in Los Angeles, CA)

Shoot location: Delhi, India
Shoot Dates: August 12TH to August 18th (Tentative)
Film length: 20 minutes

The film is a graduate thesis short film for California Institute of the Arts that will premiere in Los Angeles in May, 2012. The film is being line-produced by UnCommonSense Films , New Delhi, The DOP is Travers Jacobs of Zone 6 productions in Los Angeles, CA. The film will be shot on H.D.

Seeking:
Indian female, late teens to mid-20s, for the character of Sita. Should be fluent in Hindi with the ability to do a UP accent.

An Indian female, mid 30s to mid 40s, for the character of Dr. Angela Sharma. Should be fluent in both Hindi and English.

An Indian female child, 8 years to 12 years of age, for the character of Ankita. Should be fluent in Hindi and English.

A white female, mid-40s to mid-50s, for the character of Joan. Should be able to do an American accent.

An Indian female, mid-40s to mid-50s, for the character of Munni. Should be fluent in Hindi with an ability to do a UP accent.

Actors should be available for rehearsals from mid July to mid August.

Please email your headshot, resume, and reel link (if possible) for consideration to kumar.arpita at gmail.com & ashutosh at uncommonsensefilms.com

MOFILM Current Competitions

Wroclaw Poland 2011 : Make A Video Contest

There is a wealth of creative talent in Poland and MOFILM is delighted to be going to the new horizons international film festival which is held between 21st and 31st July 2011 in Wroclaw.

Poland is a beautiful country and the winners of this video contest will be flown to the medevial city of Wroclaw for the MOFILM Award ceremony. During the four day trip, they will be treated to a special MOFILM themed screening at the new horizons international film festival. Amazing accomodation and rubbing shoulders with the movie industry's finest comes as standard, As does partying the night away at an exclusive festival themed party courtesy of MOFILM and our partner brands.

For more details Log on to http://www.mofilm.com/competitions/wroclaw2011/

MOFILM CHICAGO 2011: Make A Video Contest

Lollapalooza, in Chicago's beautiful Grant Park, has become one of the biggest music and arts festivals worldwide and is celebrating it's 20th anniversary this year with headline acts - Foo Fighters, Eminem, Coldplay, Muse, Deadmau5. The festival spans over 115 acres, multiple stages, and will host 130+ artist from every genre - hip-hop, electronica, reggae, indie, rock, modern roots, and many more. Is there a better way to spend your Summer than listening to music under the sun and stars?

We have a great mix of brands participating for our first Chicago event, and as usual there will be at least one winner for each brand with prizes that include cash and a trip for two people to the Lollapalooza festival. Winners will get 2 General Admission, 3-day passes, plus a free stay at the Renaissance West Wacker, right across the festival grounds. The MOFILM event has been strategically organized to take place 2 days prior to Lollapalooza, so you can enjoy all 3 days at the musical festival, with no interruptions and just fun in the sun!

To enter just pick a brand on the right hand side of the screen, download the brief, get creative and we'll see you at Lollapalooza!

For more details Log on to http://www.mofilm.com/competitions/lollapalooza2011/

Taj Mahal 2011 : Make A Video Contest

Buoyed by the grand success of our Goafest competition in April this year, MOFILM is returning to India and will be at Agra from 19th - 21st August 2011.

The city of Agra, situated on the banks of the Yamuna river, is steeped in history dating back to 1526AD. The most famous monument, of course, is the Taj Mahal, a marble mausoleum built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal. Acknowledged as one of the new seven wonders of the world, the Taj is widely considered as one of the most beautiful buildings in the world and stands as a symbol of eternal love.

MOFILM's Taj Mahal competition will host big brands like Pepsi, Akshaya Patra, Hindustan Times and Chevrolet. Our winners will be invited to join our brand representatives and the MOFILM team for an unforgettable trip to Agra.

For more details Log on to http://www.mofilm.com/competitions/tajmahal2011/