[Reader-list] Invitation to a dialogue on People's Knowledge Movement

Avinash Jha avinash at csds.in
Mon Jul 11 15:56:10 IST 2011

Jibesh, could you please post it to Sarai list and any other list you
think relevant. And, please contribute to the dialogue. Critical
voices are welcome. Check the call for participation. You could
respond to that. First week of contributions (12th to 21st) will have
several articulations of lokavidya which needs to be debated.

avinash

Lokavidya Jan Andolan

- Invitation to a dialogue on People's Knowledge Movement

Dear friends

In preparation for the First International Conference of Lokavidya Jan
Andolan to be held in Varanasi on 12-14 November, 2011, we invite you
to participate and contribute to an online dialogue at http://lokavidyajanandolan.blogspot.com/
.

You could see the call for participation for the conference here (in 9
languages): http://lokavidyajanandolan.blogspot.com/2011/06/call-for-participation-lokavidya-jan.html

The idea of Lokavidya or People's Knowledge has been around for a
while. You could look up various kinds of material on the Vidya Ashram
website (www.vidyaashram.org) to get a glimpse of the development of
this idea. Lokavidya is the knowledge in society, based on which a
majority of people all over the world lead their lives. This knowledge
has not been recognized, and when recognized has been subject to
exploitation.

The need is now being felt for a political movement, for a space,
where people can mobilize on the basis of their knowledge. Lokavidya
Jan Andolan aspires to contribute to such a movement. We wish to have
an open dialogue where the basis, potential and strategies of such a
movement can be openly debated. We would like you to participate in
this dialogue with your insights and critique.

You could simply go to the blog site http://lokavidyajanandolan.blogspot.com/
  to read posts and comments and add your own. Or you could subscribe
to the contents by entering your email above 'Subscribe' button. In
order to contribute you would have to login using your gmail user name
and password and then use the option of 'New Post'.

In case of any difficulty, please contact Avinash
(kalisaroj at gmail.com) or Surendran (k.k.surendran at gmail.com)

The dialogue begins on 12th July and will last for about 10 weeks.

Avinash Jha
for Vidya Ashram

[If the blog is being mailed to you regularly then you are ALREADY
SUBSCRIBED.]

--
Centre for the Study of Developing Societies,
29 Rajpur Road, Delhi - 110054, India.

Please note the new email id: avinash at csds.in