[Reader-list] [issuesonline_worldwide] Fwd:Treasure of Faith

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 19:02:22 IST 2011

Most of past Kings were glorified gangsters who used religion to
subjugate the masses and make everybody's life miserable through
endless wars and loot. The Travancore dynasty was no different. The
accumulated wealth clearly shows that the rulers of the dynasty were
utterly brainless when it comes to development, planning and
management.
Apart from a few objects of historical value, the whole of the wealth
should be used by the Govt for public good in a transparent manner and
without the involvement of any religious bodies.

The so-called godmen have a long legacy of fooling common people for
the vested interests of ruling classes. All the godmen that you
mention are plain frauds who spend paltry amounts on charity in
relation to the funds they receive from the ruling classes and
temples. Sai baba the serial child molestor was more pro Congress,
while anadamayee is a well known sangh parivar stooge.

Human beings do not need a religion to discern between the good and
bad. The brainwashed among you should try to free yourselves from the
same.

An interesting excerpt from the large amount of material on the web on
the irrationality of religion and  'godmen':

 "She is a handmaiden of the Sangh Parivar, especially the VHP, with
its global fund-flows. The hug is her USP. Her media managers and
fund-managers are the real miracle-workers, considering what they have
made out of a simple woman with a knack for popular religious
enactment and the energy to hug all and sundry...RELIGION MAKES lots
of money because of the universal belief that you earn merit by
giving. The best of faith-founders have stressed compassion; so has
humanism. For the modern individual, directly helping the needy is a
messy business because you are forced to get involved. Presenting
money or goods to a place of worship or to a godman/woman solves the
issue neatly. Hinduism has a special place for the parityagi — he who
renounces all. The way things turned out, it is the so-called
parityagi who ends up making all the money! What fun!Usual places of
worship do not do so well in money-catching because they have no
special charisma; or they must build up the god as a miracle-maker
through competitive marketing. Big money flows only towards the
talented individual who can create popular spiritual appeal and
surround him/herself with a group of committed disciples.Disciples are
the key. By him/herself the godman/woman is like a nuclear reactor
waiting to go critical. It is the disciples who trigger the
money-machine and the supporting media blast. They have more at stake
than the guru. Almost none of them is guru-material. They control
immense wealth and power because of the guru’s talent. And when the
guru is dead, a statue with an offerings-box can do pretty well
too.Mata Amritanandamayi Devi née Ms Radhamani fits Malayali decadence
to a T. She is reckoned to be one of the country’s richest gurus. She
is a handmaiden of the Sangh Parivar, especially the VHP, with its
global fund-flows. The hug is her USP. Her media managers and
fund-managers are the real miracle-workers, considering what they have
made out of a simple woman with a knack for popular religious
enactment and the energy to hug all and sundry...Amritanandamayi has
invested well too. She has an expensive TV channel which is a great
conduit. All the millions invested into medical/engineering and other
professional institutions go under the head of charity. But the same
charity also demands capitation fees of about Rs 30 to 40 lakh for a
seat in the professional institutions. Some millions were spent on
building homes for the tsunami-hit. That was a God-sent credibility
exercise because it looked almost like charity. It was the best mask
Amritanandamayi’s millions have yet worn. It increased her
money-gathering power a hundred times. As we know, what all godmen/
women don’t like is auditing and accountability. But then, can you
audit God?"

Nice links:

Article and website on SSB by Brian Steel

[www.saiguru.net]

Kevin Shepherd--problems with Sathya Sai Baba

[www.kevinrdshepherd.net]

Timothy Conway--concerns about Sathya Sai Baba

[www.enlightened-spirituality.org]

Robert Priddy--SSB Deceptions Exposed

[robertpriddy.wordpress.com]

http://www.kevinrdshepherd.net/html/23___sathya_sai_baba__problems.html