[Reader-list] Food in Focus - A National Level Video competition to highlight the impact of our food choice on the environment

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Tue Jun 14 18:55:19 IST 2011

The Indian Youth Climate Network (IYCN) with the support of Humane Society International (HSI) is launching its National Video Competition-“Food in Focus” on food processing cycle and animal farming.

This competition is being organized to raise awareness about the sources of our food and how it affects our environment.

Modern consumption patterns are resulting in wastage of natural resources across the world. Deforestation has risen to extreme levels to support our diets and this is now beginning to alter our climate and exacerbate global warming.

It has been scientifically proven by the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization that our global livestock is responsible for 18 percent of green house gas emissions.

Our environment needs immediate attention. We all need to understand it’s a serious problem and it will hamper India’s plans for sustainable development.

The competition is open for both amateur and professional film makers alike and everybody can be a part of this innovative video making competition which is happening for the first time in India.

Can you make a video with a mobile phone ?

We accept that as well as a valid entry.

What really matters is the content! It sure does sound exciting, doesn’t it?

Video Submission Dates: Open till July 31st.

Log on to www.foodinfocus.in

Write your queries to video at iycn.in or contact on 91 9985247744.