[Reader-list] Shaan-e-awadh International Film Festival 2011: Call for Entries

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Sat Jun 18 09:03:00 IST 2011

The “Shaan-e-awadh International Film Festival” is promoted by “Splash Etcetra”, a group of young and energetic film enthusiasts. Primarily an advertising & consulting firm, we also deal in production, promotion and distribution of short films, documentaries and films.

Splash Etcetra was established by some professionals of the Indian Film and Television industry in 2007. From the time of its inception, we have done several projects for social causes under our in house production.

Today, Splash Etcetra has completed 3 successful years. After being a part of such a glorious industry like ours, we as film lovers wish to do something that would encourage our youth to learn about the art of film making, the fraternity and eventually join the film industry to make some quality cinema for the society.

A quote said “Cinema can change a hairstyle but can’t change the society”. It is about time we change this view. Indian cinema has a glorious history and we strongly believe that the youth of this country is very talented can change the way people think about our cinema. It has the power to change the society and that is what we want our youth to know and probe them to prove it to the rest of the world.

The “Shaan-e-awadh International Film Festival” is an initiative towards this effort, organised by “Awadh Art Society (India)” in association with “World Homeland Security (Canada)”.

FILM SUBMISSION
We invite all short fiction & non- fiction film, documentary, animation, music videos and experimental features at Shaan-e-awadh international film festival 2011. For more information, please contact us at; submission at saiff.in

Film categories include all short fiction & non- fiction films, documentary, animation, music videos and experimental features. Festival entries are open to all films regardless of origin, content and genre.

To be eligible for short film category competition section, a film must be 1 minute and less than 30 minutes in duration
Non- fiction, documentary competition section must not exceed duration of more than 30 minutes
Animation film competition section must not exceed duration of more than 10 minutes.
Experimental films in competition section must not exceed duration of more than 10 minutes.
If a film is not eligible to be entered in any category will be eligible for Critic Film and non competition section.

OFFICIALSELECTIONS
Official selections include all films selected to be screened during the festival. Special presentations include films invited by SAIFF to fortify our program. The films in competition represent the official selections chosen by our selection committee to go through the award jury process.

AWARD CATEGORIES
Best Film
Best Director
Best Photography
Best Editing
Best Sound
Best production design
Best story/screenplay
Jury Critic award

Prizes

Participation certificate to all film makers who submitted their films in SAIFF 2011.
Winning Films will get A Trophy with cash prize and certificate.

Click Here To Download Entry Form.http://www.saiff.in/SAIFF%20Entry%20Form%202011.pdf

Click Here To See Rules & Regulations. http://www.saiff.in/SAIFF-2011%20Rule%20and%20Regulation.pdf

Shaan-e-awadh International Film Festival

Awadh Art Society,
31, Jeevan Plaza, Vikram Khand-5,
Gomati Nagar, Lucknow-226 010
Uttar Pradesh, India,