[Reader-list] International Folk Music Film Feastival -Nepal 2011

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Tue Jun 28 17:47:17 IST 2011

InternationalFolk Music Film Festival- Nepal 2011
                                                     ‘Music for life, Music for survival’

Hosted by- Music Museumof Nepal, 25-27 November inKathmandu and Nepal Sanskritik Sansthan, Nepal Cultural Corporation.

Dear Friend, Namaste, Don’t be left out!

The deadline for film entries, which is fastapproaching, has been extendedby specialrequest until August 15th 2011.
The venue has now been announced as thesuperb Rastriya Naach Ghar, National Dance Theatre, in Jamal, central Kathmanduand the three-day festival is being dedicated to three prominent past andpresent musicologists namely Arnold A. Bake, Mireille Helffer and Carol Tingeyfor their outstanding contributions to conservation of Nepal’s folk musicalheritage.

We inviteentries of short films (3-15mins) or longer films (up to 90mins) pertaining toany aspect of folk (traditional) music/dance culture of any country and believe that screening films from around the globe willfoster cross-cultural understanding and give us the opportunity to learn fromeach other’s musical heritages and experiences. For the Festival Programme,Entry Form, full Terms and Conditions, list of supporters and collaboratorsetc. etc. please visit.
www.nepalfolkmusicfilmfestival.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Folk-Music-Film-Festival-Nepal/127259700678968

The Festival will be the first of its kindin Nepal and so far we have entries from India, France, Brittany, Bengal,Northern Ireland, England (featuring Afghanistan and Nepal), Scotland, Wales,Israel (featuring Azerbaijan) and Argentina as well as those from our ownnational artists. Our objective is to be as inclusive as possible so to help usbroaden our reach we would be grateful if you could please pass thisinformation to friends and colleagues in your contact sphere.

Music Museum of Nepal is a registered charity and The Folk Music Film Festivalis a strictly non-commercial and unfunded enterprise, any revenue generated bythe Festival will be used for on-going folk music research, for collection,conservation, recording and raising awareness of Nepal’s disappearing musical heritageand also improving the social status of our folk musicians. The Entry fee hasbeen set at £35 to enable us to subsidise entries from poorer Third Worldfilmmakers who might not normally be able to participate in such anInternational event. The fee can be negotiated in cases of difficulty. If yourequire any more information please get in touch with Homenath Bhandari, thefilm festival’s secretary lokbaja at btinternet.comor myself, Norma Blackstock normacwm at btinternet.com.

We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you in Kathmandu.
Best regards,
Norma
(Dr Norma Blackstock,Overseas coordinator, International Folk Music Film Festival)