[Reader-list] Film Screenings in March

Chandni Parekh chandni_parekh at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 01:23:44 IST 2011

Chandni Parekh sent a message to the members of the Vikalp at Prithvi group on
facebook.

Hi,

We're showing 'Inshallah, Football' this evening at Prithvi  House. We moved it
to Tuesday as it was clashing with Prithvi Theatre's  Memorial Concert with
Taufiq Qureshi and others (which was quite lovely,  by the way).

And now for info on films being screened this month by other groups:

Swiss Experimental Films, March 1-2, Kolkata

'Big Deal on Madonna Street' by Mario Monicelli (Italian), March 2 and 5, Delhi

'Nero's Guests' by Deepa Bhatia, March 3, Bangalore

'Manipur Song' by Pankaj Butalia and 'Two Year Guarantee' by Juan Parra Costa
(Spanish), March 4, Chennai

'Chalo Hamara Des: Journeys with Kabir and Friends' by Shabnam Virmani, March 5,
Bangalore

'An Inconvenient Truth' by Davis Guggenheim, March 5, Bombay

Swiss Experimental Films, March 5-7, Bombay

'Saamam' ('The Music') by Ramachandran K and 'The Salt Stories' by Lalit
Vachani, March 6, Bangalore

16th European Union Film Festival, March 7-May 1, Bombay, Delhi, Chandigarh,
Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai and Thrissur

'The Great War' by Mario Monicelli (Italian), March 9 and 12, Delhi

Short Films presented by Shamiana, March 12, Ahmedabad

'Mayomi' by Carol Salter (Sinhala) and 'The Way of the Road' by Ben Campbell and
Cosmo Campbell, March 13, Bangalore

'Love of Gold' by Mario Monicelli (Italian), March 16 and 19, Delhi

Vikalp at Alliance presents 'Inshallah, Football' by Ashvin Kumar, March 22, Bombay

'We Want the Colonels' by Mario Monicelli (Italian), March 23 and 26, Delhi

Vikalp at Prithvi  Screening of 'Divorce Iranian Style' by Kim Longinotto and Ziba
Mir-Hosseini (Persian), Monday, March 28, 7 pm, Prithvi House, Juhu,  Bombay

'An Average Man' by Mario Monicelli (Italian), March 30 and April 2, Delhi

For details of these screenings, check the Discussion Board on
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=46819848804

By  the way, did you know that Vikalp at Prithvi has been showing  documentaries
and a few short films for free every month since Feb 2007  (with a break in
2009)?

Thank you for all the support! :)

- Chandni