[Reader-list] Valmiki workshop

Ujwala Samarth ujwalasam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 11:04:13 IST 2011

*Valmiki in the 21st Century*

At Open Space we are always looking to understand and redefine the
conventions that bind us. As part of the work we do we are bringing together
*Valmiki in the 21st Century*, a workshop with *Arshia Sattar* which will
focus on Valmiki’s Ramayana, looking at modern interpretations of the text
in cinema, animation, theatre and popular culture.

*Registration fee**: *Rs 2000, (Rs 1500 for students) includes reading
material and a copy of Valmiki’s Ramayana (translated by Arshia Sattar).

*Registration: * Mail imranalikhan.os at gmail.com, or phone Open Space
020-25457371, or come to Open Space.

* *

*Venue:* Open Space

B-301, Kanchanjunga Building,
Kanchan Lane, Off Law College Rd,
Pune 411004
(020-25457371)

*Time:* 4.30-8pm

*Date:* 12th March – 19th March

*Resource Person*: Arshia Sattar is an* *Advisor to Open Space. Arshia has a
PhD in South Asian Languages and Civilizations from the University of
Chicago. She teaches courses on classical Indian literatures for various
American universities and has recently begun teaching traditional narratives
for screenwriting programmes. She has been closely associated with theatre
in India over the last two decades.

--
Ujwala Samarth
(Programme Coordinator, Open Space)