[Reader-list] Annual Theatre Production, 'The Medea in my Mirror', on Friday, the 4th of March 2011 at 6.45 p.m, Delhi/ Jaaga: Sound & Lights + Exploring the New | March 4th, 8pm, Bangalore

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Fri Mar 4 07:45:08 IST 2011

  Annual Theatre Production, 'The Medea in my Mirror', on Friday, the
4th of March 2011 at 6.45 p.m in the Shooting Range, New Delhi

Indraprastha College for Women is staging its Annual Theatre
Production, 'The Medea in my Mirror', on Friday, the 4th of March 2011
at 6.45 p.m in the Shooting Range on its campus.

We invite you for the same.

ABOUT OUR PLAY
After a gap of 13 years, a few friends who were in the Dramatics
society together in college meet again. They decide to take up a play a
play that they had left unfinished during their college days, Medea.
For about a week they practice, taking a few hours out of their busy
schedules for this play during which they realize that somehow, in some
ways, they relate to Medea in their own lives. When this self
realization starts, they are unable to control the internal storm that
has now started.

ABOUT THE DIRECTOR
Graduated from Delhi University (M.H.), Swati Mittal has been actively
involved in campus theatre. She has done her Diploma in Theatre Design
& Stage Techniques from the National School of Drama. She has also
taken play-oriented workshops with different teams comprising of
artists from Lalit Kala Academy, An Actor Prepares and FTII-Pune.

FROM THE DIRECTOR
The play ‘Medea’ has been one of the most controversial, much read and
debated over text ever produced by Euripides. It is considered to be
one of the most powerful and horrific of all the Greek tragedies. Ever
disturbing and questioning, it urges one to reflect and re-think about
several aspects of an individual in direct confrontation with the norms
set by power and politics.
Jaaga: Sound & Lights + Exploring the New | March 4th, 8pm, Bangalore

Dearest Friends,

Many new things are in store for Jaaga in the next few months.
Some planned and some yet unplanned.

It will be lovely to have you today evening (Friday the 4th) at 8pm
To meet, celebrate, discuss and dream...

Meet our Artists-in-Residence Tobias Rosenberg from Germany
& Agnese Mosconi, from Italy. See their previous work and discuss
with them the Jaaga Sound & Lights Project.
Supported by Goethe-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan Bangalore
http://www.jaaga.in/sound-lights

++ A demo of new technology hacks of sound, light and Kinect by the
Jaaga Team

+++ Help us envision and engage in Jaaga’s future direction and
location...we move in June...

With Hope and Love,
Archana

--