[Reader-list] Filmi Chashma - An Exciting Festival-and-Roadshow Film Programme , Mumbai

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Wed Mar 9 15:22:06 IST 2011

Filmi Chashma

I am writing to you about a great film and media based programme that
we are implementing across the country forteachers, parents, children
and the community.

This is an endeavour that will help create a film and media inclusive
environment that is meaningful,appropriate and relevant for all of us -
and in particular, for our engagementwith our children.

Our Filmi Chashma Children's Film Festival is to be held between 15-30
April in venues across Bombay city.

This event is being designed and organised by CometMedia Foundation
(CMF). It is supported by the Children's Film Society,India.

This is the first edition of the festival.The larger purpose of this
festival is to have an annual event followed up by many little
roadshows across the city to encourage schools,children and the
community to watch good cinema, understand the new media and use these
to create vibrant learning environments.

The creation of a film and media inclusive environment in schools is a
primary driver of the endeavour. The current demand from schools for
our roadshows has nearly reacheda figure of 7,000 children.That's how
fast the Filmi Chashma spirit is spreading.

Currently we receive supportfrom NID, the Prix Jeunesse Festival, Max
Muller Bhavan, Russian Cultural Center,Iran Culture House and the
French Consulate.

jalebiink.com is a partner - we work with children to create a
community of critical thinkers who will research and review films,
visit studios in their mohallas and interview people who have worked in
films - old and new!

Wewould like schools to come to us for block bookings for the festival
as well as for our roadshows and exciting teacher workshops.

Children and media students can send their films to the competitive
section and other film makers are most welcome to contact us to offer
their films for the festival and other events.

We are also looking for volunteers for the festival and roadshows.

For more details email ramakrishnan.geeta at gmail.com.