[Reader-list] Seeking information about creative engagements in disaster relief and psychosocial support

Chintan Girish Modi chintan.backups at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:58:26 IST 2011

Mail jamuna.inamdar at gmail.com if you have any help to offer.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jamuna Inamdar <jamuna.inamdar at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Dear All,

I am in need of some direction here. I am looking for some information.

Apart from surfing and searching myself may I please request you to look out
for stuff that you may come across and be so awesome as to forward it to me?
:)

I am looking for:

   - Information on NGOs in India and abroad that have worked/work for
   psychosocial support and care to victims of disasters (natural and man made)
   - Individuals who have shown creative contributions towards
   rehabilitation and relief of victims of disasters?
   - Interesting projects new or old run across the world or India that
   helped rehabilitation, relief and psychosocial care of victims?  (Tsunamika
   example)
   - Any research papers, publications etc. on mental health and disasters
   or psychosocial support and care during disasters?
   - Any UN funded, run projects for disaster relief with emphasis on
   psychosocial support and care?

Jamuna