[Reader-list] Festival on Disability and Cinema: May 3rd - June 11th, 2011 at NMML, New Delhi

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Mon May 2 13:42:08 IST 2011

Dear Friend,

I invite you, on behalf of Prof. Mridula Mukherjee, Director, Nehru
Memorial Museum and Library, to attend and participate in “Disability
and Cinema”, a film festival  organised by NMML. The festival is
scheduled from May 3rd to June 11th, 2011. We plan to screen one Hindi
and one English film per week.

As the focus of the festival is on disability, the films being screened
explore the concerns and experiences of disabled people. These
screenings will present a context for serious engagement with issues of
mercy killing, intimacy and sexuality, friendship, gender, etc. and
explore their many intersections. While engaging with films as a medium
of political and creative expression, we hope to raise critical
disability issues. Apart from the fraternity of disability activists,
scholars and film enthusiasts, we are also looking forward to the
participation of university students, NGO activists and academicians.

We would be truly delighted by your participation and look forward to
your presence during the festival. The schedule of the programme is
given below.

Thanks,

In charge

P&PR Cell

NMML

DISABILITY AND CINEMA

SCREENING OF MOVIES FROM MAY 3rd TO JUNE 11th, 2011

(ALL THE MOVIES WILL BE SCREENED IN THE AUDITORIUM)

DATE

 MOVIE

TIMINGS

DURATION