[Reader-list] Help Tulika record Indian rhymes for children

Niveditha niveditasubramaniam at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:29:01 IST 2011

 *Olouguti Tolouguti* is the title of a new book from Tulika Publishers. It
is a collection of Indian rhymes to read and recite. What makes it unique is
that each poem is presented in the original language, in a transliterated
version, and in an English translation that is fun and easy to learn and
say.

Simultaneously, Tulika will also make each poem available as audio on its
website for those who would like to hear the poem and learn the correct
pronounciation. This is where we need help from readers, bloggers and
others. We had an overwhelming response to the rhymes blogathon we conducted
a few months ago. This time around, we need volunteers to lend their voices!

Would you be interested in recording and sending us the audio file of the
poems in the language of your choice? We will then upload them onto a site
so all those who are interested can listen to them. *If yes, please write to
us at tulikabooks at gmail.com*. We can send the poems to you, and guide you
through the process.

The languages in which we wish to record at this time are: Mizo, Oriya,
Kashmiri, Urdu, Punjabi, Khasi and Lotha. So all those of you who are native
speakers of these languages, do get in touch with us *asap*.

Thanks!

Niveditha
Associate Editor,
Tulika Publishers

--
I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints.They're upstairs
in my socks. - Groucho Marx