[Reader-list] Pause in Kashmir

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 13:56:54 IST 2011

dear Shuddha
thanks

http://news.webindia123.com/news/articles/India/20111103/1864780.html
http://www.newkerala.com/news/2011/worldnews-99742.html

Kranti Sena led by Tajinderpal singh Bagga, the same guy who abused
Prashant Bushan, lodged a complaint with Police Banngalore that MARAA,
the organization which  conceptualized Pause In Kashmir, are inviting
SAS Geelani and other seperatist  Huriyat leaders  for Seminar in
Bangalore.  This obviously led the Police to take quick actioin.

Lawrence Liang, our friend was quite supportive yesterday morning and
they all went to face the Police who arrived at the venue  of KK
foundation ( some old cinema studio  space of Mr.  Rafiki) and
questioned them all. one guy called Avinash was told by the Police to
singh vandehy Mataram, and others to  sing Jana Gana Mana. Some one
was told to sing Karanataka state song, and Lawrance was questioned
his Nationality.  Since the complaint was based on a lie and so action
was possible, but rendered the venue dysfunctional at the same time.

in this depressing scenario, we all at the office of Lawrence decided
to do something  at any alternative space,
They found one SANGAMA org. who were already doing an event, and they
encouraged us to perform at the end of their proceedings.
It was a good interactive performance about Kashmir which everybody liked.

what a day it was, oh

this Guy tajinder singh bagga on Face Book  invited all to come with
egges and broom sticks, black paint...

love
inder