[Reader-list] DIGNITY INTERNATIONAL CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: 10TH ANNUAL GLOBAL HUMAN RIGHTS IN DEVELOPMENT, Yogyakarta, Indonesia (1-10 Dec 2011)

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Tue Oct 11 11:20:38 IST 2011

 *ANNOUNCEMENT*

> ****
> CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
> 10TH ANNUAL GLOBAL LINKING AND LEARNING PROGRAMME ON HUMAN RIGHTS IN
DEVELOPMENT
> *
>
> *
> _APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19th OCTOBER 2011_*
>
> Dignity International and our partners believe that Human Rights and
Development must go hand in hand as both share the same core functions. They
cannot be separated and must complement each other to ensure the continuous
sustainable progress of the human race, while ensuring the environment and other
entities within it are protected and preserved. Human Rights provide a moral,
authoritative and legal framework to tackle root causes of poverty – the
deep-rooted structures of discrimination – i.e. the global processes of
impoverishment. A human rights framework has the potential to deal with not only
legal justice, which is the primary preoccupation of traditional human rights
organisations, but also economic and social justice which is central to
development work. Meanwhile, development is the primary motive to provide basic
structural change.

> For the 10th consecutive year, Dignity International is proud to organise our
signature capacity building program again, which will continue to empower human
rights activists and development agency leaders, as well as leaders of civil
society and grassroots community organizers. The learning enhances the skills,
knowledge and spirit to uphold the principles of Human Rights and to bring
Economic Social and Cultural rights to the ground.

> This programme will build on the successes of the previous learning programmes
on “Human Rights-Based Development”, and on “Economic Social and Cultural
Rights” organised by Dignity International, with a range of national, regional
and international participants.

> Dignity’s programmes are designed as a process of mutual learning, with the
participants´ experience and realities as the starting point of the learning
process. Active participation and in-depth reflection – individually, in groups,
and in plenary - are the key contributors to the success of the programme.

> Based on non-formal education and learner-centred methodologies, this
programme provides a mutual learning atmosphere where participants can compare
their approaches and concerns in a safe, intercultural context. In addition to
that, the use of experiential methods and case studies strengthens the practical
side of the programme.

> The call for the Global programme is now OPEN. We are happy to receive
applications to this historical 10th Annual Global Linking and Learning
Programme.

*CLICK HERE>>>* <http://www.dignityinternational.org>

> Please forward this to your friends/colleagues/partners who are interested to
be a part of the programme. Deadline for applications: *_19th OCTOBER 2011,
11.59PM (GMT+8)_*