[Reader-list] Invitation to participate in a Blogathon

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Mon Oct 31 20:56:07 IST 2011

Greetings from Must Bol. We (www.mustbol.in) are a youth led campaign against Gender Based Violence. It’sa is a call to young people to examine violence in their livesand speak out against it. To recognize it, to talk about it, and to address it. It’s facilitated by Commutiny the Youth Collective (www.commutiny.in) and supported by UN Women (www.unwomensouthasia.org)  & Partnersfor Prevention (www.partners4prevention.org).

We, at Must Bol, are fans of the your blog and admire your writings and their diversity. Your work at the WAVE campaign was inspirational for us. For me being a filmmaker, it was especially heartening  to see your efforts in using digital films for social change. We never met, but am proud to share that three wave fellows, Vandana, Akokala & Sudebi started their filmmaking journey with the Youth Collective. Today we would like to invite you to participate in...

‘Men Say No Blogathon’
On a Computer near you, 24 November to 10 December 2011

What Is a Blogathon
A Blogathon is an online event during whichparticipating bloggers write one or more posts on a theme chosen by the host.The host blogger links each entry written for the Blogathon on one central poston her or his blog. People who visit the host blog thus have a “table ofcontents” from which to go to read as many blog posts as they want. In turn,each participating blogger links back to the central post so that readers whowant to see what else has been written for the Blogathon can find outeasily.

Why ‘Men Say No’
We believe that the violence againstwomen can be eradicated only when men take up serious action against it. Withthis Blogathon, we want to collect ideas, thoughts and experiences of diversemen and women on the importance of men’s role and the urgency of theissue.  We hope that this Blogathonwill help expose men to ideas theymay never have seen before and find uniqueinsights and perspectives on Violence against Women.
The sense of community, change and action is genuinefor those of us who hold and participate in this Blogathon. ‘Men Say No’ willallow bloggers and readers to really dive into the many facets of violenceagainst women, men’s reaction to it and everything in between.

What To Do
We invite diverse blogs that share experiences of menchallenging Violence against women, celebrate the action leaders, provideperspective on role of men, and even highlight the barriers to maleparticipation & leadership.  All youneed to do is to write a blogpost and share it on your own blog. Only that youshould post this blog entry between 24 November and 10 December 2011 andmention that its part of the ‘Men Say No’ Blogathon. All the participants arealso be asked to include the link to the host blog (www.mustbol.in/team-blog). MustBol (and partners) will market and share these blogs through diverse socialmedia platforms.

It will be wonderful to inform us in advance about yourparticipation in the Blogathon. Just drop a mail at kuber.sharma at commutiny.inor mustbol at commutiny.in

Why These Dates?
25 November to 10th December is theInternational 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence, an internationalcampaign that was started in 1991. The 16 Days runs from November 25,International Day against Violence against Women  - to December 10,International Human Rights Day to symbolically link violence against women andhuman rights and to emphasise that such violence is a violation of humanrights. We would like to run this Blogathon in solidarity with this globalinitiative.

Sapna, We hope that with your participation , this blogathon will be greatlystrengthened and together we will add towards a violence free future for all. A few hours effort from you will go a long way. If you think its appropriate, we would also love to invite other WAVE community members to this project. Looking forward to a favourable reply from you.

Cheers
Kuber
on behalf of Team Must Bol

--

Must बोल is a youth led campaign to examine violence in our lives and speak out against it.
I am part of it, why dont you join us on http://MustBol.in/