[Reader-list] DECLARE R.K. NARAYAN'S HOUSE AS 'HERITAGE' MONUMENT: MCC

Dr. Reyhan Chaudhuri reyhanchaudhuri at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:04:42 IST 2011

What a blessing that R.K. Narayan's home with the lovely garden and trees, has been saved for the time being!
I had the fortune to see him (especially on his walks) and meet him -when he still lived there, having resided there as a student in the 1980's.
Ofcourse this is a different kind of heritage from the conventional 'tourist' kind but a treasured heritage nevertheless and needs to be preserved for the coming generation...
Thank God for people like Hon.Raikar (and Prof Belliappa) ,who still exist in our country  and their timely thought and action.
Yours Sincerely,
R.Chaudhuri
(~a 'heritage-loving'  teacher)