[Reader-list] Fw: [faowindia] Fw: Fwd: [india-unity] URGENT: VOTE OUT MODI FROM TIME NEW LIST

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:29:49 IST 2012

Dear Pradeep

I don't know where this figure of 300 came from, but even if it is 300, who
is responsible for this death? Who was the Chief Minister when Godhra took
place? Narendra Damodardas Modi. Who was the Prime Minister then? Atal
Bihari Vajpayee. Were both the state and central governments from the same
party? Yes.

The first initial hours of Godhra incident were used by Gujarat BJP to say
that Pakistan was behind the incident. If that indeed was the case, then it
was an intelligence failure. Who was responsible for such a gross
intelligence failure? The BJP-led NDA central government and the state BJP
government under the same Modi.

How come such a large conspiracy was being planned and the state government
had no knowledge of it whatsoever? Isn't it a failure of the state police
also? Who was the Home Minister then? Narendra Modi.

Let us go further ahead. The 58 people who lost their lives (and on whose
dead bodies the politics of hatred and death was played to pit one
community against another), till today there are many among those whose
names also are not known (they could not be identified). Assuming for a
moment ( and at least on 28th February it was not possible for any of us to
deride the Modi government or Gujarat BJP-VHP units if they said it was a
Pakistan-based conspiracy in short period of time), so it was taken as an
intelligence failure, just think of this: an intelligence failure leads to
a blast in India or an incident like Godhra, and then a political party or
its subsidiary units use it to orchestrate violence and win elections on
dead bodies. Who gets the advantage other than the political party? Those
who planned the blast. Because that's what they wanted. The political party
gets votes of the Hindus. And the terrorist organization will use the
victims from Muslims or minority communities to avenge the so-called riots
or violence, unleashing another stage of acts. It could be used as an
inspiration or a source of revenge for such acts.

So the violence should not have been allowed, at least form national
security point of view. But it took place, it was allowed. Who allowed it?
Narendra Modi.

That's the story of "Gujarat ka sher" for you.

About Kashmir, I can say one thing. If Yasin Malik was in the chance to be
put in the list and I had a chance to vote, I will vote against him being
put up there. The same goes for Shabbir Shah and Syed Ali Shah Geelani.
Hope that satisfies you.

Of course, if Muslims have killed Hindus in Gujarat, they should also be
punished for their acts. But don't justify what Modi did please.

Rakesh Krishnamoorthy Iyer
Consultant, CDF-IFMR,
IIT Madras Research Park, Chennai
Phone no: 044-66687245