[Reader-list] Special Issue of Open Government Data of the Journal of Community Informatics

Zainab Bawa bawazainab79 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:52:31 IST 2012

Dear all,

The Journal of Community Informatics has just published its latest issue at
http://ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej. We invite you to review the Table of
Contents here and then visit our web site to review articles and items of
interest.

This special issue edited by Tim Davies and Zainab Bawa is being offered as
a constructive contribution to the developing debates and practices of Open
Government Data - as global infrastructures, technical architectures, and
grassroots movements co-evolve. It is published as a rolling issue, with an
initial set of papers made available in April 2012, and a further set of
papers (currently going through the review process), and field notes
(responding to emerging themes) to be published later in the year. Our hope
is that this provides a way to combine the editorial and review processes of
putting together a journal issue, with a rapidly emerging and evolving
field, where developments far outpace the speed of conventional scholarly
publishing.

Regards,

Zainab

--
Zainab Bawa
Ph.D. Student and Independent Researcher

http://writerruns.wordpress.com/
... ambling along roads and courses, not knowing whether I am running
towards a destination or whether the act of running is destination in itself