[Reader-list] Mamata's Pinarayi Way: Jadavpur University professor arrested under IT act for spreading 'anti-Mamata' cartoons

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 04:42:31 IST 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Anivar Aravind
<anivar at movingrepublic.org> wrote:
> Bengali Friends says "it is not even a cartoon. It is a set of photos with
> words in Bangla pasted on them. It is a satire that takes off from a
> popular Satyajit Ray film. And it has been widely circulated on the Net. "

The cartoon is a weak statement on policy.

Actually the freight rate increase about 10 days before the railway
budget was being covered by all this drama by TMC.

> Reminds me Pinarayi Vijayan's "cyber defamation suit" on similar lines
> which leads to arrest Moythu for circulating his mail with "Sandesam"
> quotes

That was clear case of defamation. This case has nothing related.
http://blog.godwinag.com/2009/11/pinarayi-vijayans-house-photo-emails.html

> It seems like Mamata is mimicing all bad of CPIM now , just like CPIM
> inherited all bad of Previous SS ray Congress rule

It is not like that at all. The TMC is a fascist party that has
inherited all of SS Ray's politics.

Best

A. Mani

--