[Reader-list] Large Short Films: Deadlines Extended Till 19th August 2012 midnight. Jaldi Karo!

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Wed Aug 15 21:28:23 IST 2012

They promise to give music, drama and excitement of a full length feature film, in a short. The films will be treated like any normal feature film…with theatrical and promo releases, music release and then the final premiere!!!!

Unlike other short film projects, Large Short Films will be a continuous project and will not end with just a few short films. We hope that we will continue to excite the biggies from the industry to come forth and join the team to make large short films. And we are confident that we will inspire a whole generation of promising film makers and enthusiasts to join the revolution and change the face of Indian cinema…

Apart from this futuristic mode of entertainment, our Trio have agreed that potential talent needs to be nurtured. Young film makers who make short films are ignored. But now when they will share the platform (LargeShortFilms.com) with the big directors, then the world will take notice. The seniors will lead by example, mentor, and enthuse the youngsters to make and watch short films.

Apart from blogs, trivia, quizzes and short film contests, there is a unique feature of Large Short Films which will revolutionise our films by the end of the year.

12.12.12 will be India’s red letter day in Indian cinema when we will release India’s First and Largest Collaborative Feature Film. 12 directors from 12 different cities will make 12 short films of 10 minutes each. We will then join them to make ONE 120 minute feature film which will be released on 12.12.12.

Also visit us @ www.LargeShortFilms.com

If you are an aspiring film maker who wants to make it large, here’s your chance to be part of history. You can be one of the 12 film makers who will make India’s 1st collaborative feature film. There are 5 simple steps to making it large:

1
Send us your showreel with whatever films you have made. Home video. Ad film. Documentaries. Short films. Whatever you think will impress Chakri Toleti, Anurag Kashyap and Sudhir Mishra. They will select 12 promising storytellers from across India.

2
They will give you a storyline to start with. E.g. The film is about a train station waiting room. It’s abandoned on a rainy night. People come in and out of that waiting room. Through the night various people enter the room and have some life changing experience. So each story is set in the same place but will have different characters and plots. Each director/storyteller has to write a section of this story. (No, we will not give you the same story to work with. It will be a new idea!!!)

3
The 12 chosen directors will send us 2 stories each to choose from. Our star directors will choose the best stories. Royal Stag Mega Movies will give Rs 75,000 to each director to produce his/her film. Within the stipulated deadline, you have to send in your 10 minute film.

4
We will weave together the 12 films and create promos, trailers and the main full length feature film. These promos will release on Youtube, Facebook and largeshortfilms.com

5

On 12.12.12 the full length feature film will have an International online premiere. A date that will go down in history as India’s largest collaborative feature film. And that date will have your name on it.