[Reader-list] VIKALP at ALLIANCE December Dhamaka! End the year with 3 films - Dec. 14 7pm

Subasri Krishnan subasrik at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 07:17:58 IST 2012

If you are in Bombay, do come for the screening of my film "This or That Particular Person"

VIKALP at ALLIANCE
PRESENTS

THREE
FILMS THAT WEAVE POLITICS AND POETRY

MAIN TUMHARA KAVI HOON/I AM YOUR POET

Dir:
Nitin K Pamani

BROKEN MEMORY, SHINING DUST

Dir:
Nilosree Biswas

THIS OR
THAT PARTICULAR PERSON

Dir: Subasri Krishnan

All
filmmakers will be present at the screening

PLEASE COME AND CIRCULATE WIDELY!

WHEN:
DECEMBER 14, FRIDAY, 7 PM

WHERE:
ALLIANCE
FRANCAISE

Theosophy
Hall, 40, New Marine Lines, Next to Nirmala Niketan, TEL:2203 6187

ABOUT
THE FILMS

MAIN TUMHARA
KAVI HOON/I AM YOUR POET

(30 Min./Hindi)

Director and
Producer: Nitin K Pamnani; Editor and Co-Director: Imran; Post Production Sound:
Asheesh Pandaya; Images by: Nitin K Pamnani, Imran, Shreedeep, Anmol Jeswani

This film was to
be on a poet and his poetry. It became a story of a person who lives a poem. We
try to understand the person we see the poem, we try to understand the poetry;
the poet comes and stands in front of us. And as we journey through the poetry
and the poet, we end up with a mirror. In the mirror, a roughly-hewn life,
small, innocent.... a dream-like existence, in the scrub forest, among the
silent ruins, the old streets in the middle of the polis.

The poetry slowly
shows us the way, and the way slowly becomes poetry. Ramashankar Vidrohi has
never written poetry, he speaks out poetry. He mind works like poetry. He
converses, he cries, he sings in poetry; He speaks to himself, to you, to
everyone in poetry; He philosophizes, he lectures, he bores, he makes
resolutions, he raises slogans, all in poetry.

Vidrohi is the
poet of our unknown, unorganized, underground nation. He is the poet of those
whose constituency is always bearing the cost of empire-builders, the women,
the children, and the billions who lie on the steps to the centre of power
structure.

He speaks in a
voice of the millinea of this land’s oral traditions, innumerable poets
fakir-like, the radical-outsiders, and the wild- ones who refused to leave into
the forest and stayed on our “civilized” edges.

So that all of
us, who try to run from our deepest silences, from our nakedest social truths,
develop the courage, to manifest our collective humanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64iHDSW4AK8

BROKEN MEMORY, SHINING DUST

(36 Min./English)

Director:
Nilosree Biswas, Camera: Gargeya Trivedi, Editor: Khushboo Agarwal

Loss and hope in
the land of disappeared Broken Memory, Shining Dust is an attempt to depict the
extraordinary journey of Kashmiri women from loss, separation, pain, anger,
helplessness to hope, faith, grit and determination thrown up by tragedies and
circumstances around them. The film is about ‘women in wait’ for their loved
ones, who went missing in the conflict ridden valley
of Kashmir, India, in last two decades.

Woven around the life of Parveena Ahanger, a Kashmiri mother and
other such women, the narrative of the film interweaves their memories of loss,
pain, struggle, separation vented cathartically that have formed into a
resistance movement which in practicality relives their hope to trace a clue
about their missing family members. The film embarks on a narrative to share
and sense their lives as they are now and were in the past, revealing hours and
days of endless wait, grief, anger, resilience, devotion, resistance combined
in a blanket of sisterhood and spirituality that has sprung from the time and
space shared together by these women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZCbIBEEHlk

"This or That Particular
Person"

(27:53 Min/English)

Script,
Research and Direction - Subasri Krishnan; Camera and Editing - Amit
Mahanti; Location Sound - Julius Basaiwmoit, Pratik Biswas, Dushmant
Sahoo; Sound Design - Priya Sen

The
documentary film “This or That Particular Person” is a meditation on the notion
of personhood as seen by the Indian
 State.  It does
so by examining the idea of official identity documents, and in that context,
the Unique Identity number (UID or aadhar) project that was
introduced in India
in 2009.  Through the lens of the UID, the film looks at what
identity documents means to people, and how the aadhar project is
perceived.“This or That Particular Person” is also a conversation with the
State about ideas of inclusion, exclusion, surveillance and citizenship, and it
does so by interrogating the Unique Identity number project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwkK1MXyzyw

--
Paromita Vohra
DEVI PICTURES

"हम हैं दीवाने फिर कैसा डर"

--
Paromita Vohra
DEVI PICTURES

    __._,_.___

              Reply to sender

              Reply to group

            Start a New Topic

                            Messages in this topic
                (1)

      Recent Activity:

      New Members
      1

    Visit Your Group

For news related to documentary film in India: Newsrack.in

http://newsrack.in/Browse.do?owner=fredericknoronha&issue=Documentary&catID=1&start=61

  .