[Reader-list] Fwd: Delhi Rape

asit das asit1917 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:26:01 IST 2012

       [image: Change.org]    * Tell the President & the Chief Justice of
India to Stop Rape Now!
<https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/president-cji-stop-rape-now?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15496&alert_id=cecWCjTgZY_NkHGqSZifi>
*
<https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/president-cji-stop-rape-now?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15496&alert_id=cecWCjTgZY_NkHGqSZifi>
Sign My Petition
<https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/president-cji-stop-rape-now?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15496&alert_id=cecWCjTgZY_NkHGqSZifi>

Asit -

A 23-year-old woman gangraped, beaten severely, then stripped and thrown
out of a moving bus! This in the heart of the capital. Right now, as she
battles for her life, doctors say that the 6 men who raped her, beat her up
so brutally that there is irreparable damage to her intestines.

As the girl clings on to threads of life, this incident has outraged the
entire country and rightly so. Thousands of people are erupting in protests
resulting in a huge wave of pressure on the Government to take take solid,
substantial action on the issue once and for all.

That's why I started a petition on Change.org asking the President and
Chief Justice of India to take swift action to bring the culprits to book,
try them in a fast track court and provide speedy
justice.<https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/president-cji-stop-rape-now?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15496&alert_id=cecWCjTgZY_NkHGqSZifi>

How many more women need to be gangraped and brutalised for us to get
strong laws and faster prosecution in these cases? The 6 men went on their
daily business like they will never be caught. This is a comment on the
toothlessness of our rape laws & low conviction rate. This needs to change.
*No one should think that they can commit violence against women and get
away with it.*

We need to act now. And we need to act fast. The outrage needs to be
converted into action. Sign my petition asking the the President and Chief
Justice of India to take swift action to immediately bring the culprits to
book, try them in a fast track court and provide speedy
justice<https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/president-cji-stop-rape-now?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15496&alert_id=cecWCjTgZY_NkHGqSZifi>
.

Thanks for taking action,

Namita Bhandare via Change.org

*News Sources*

   1. Times of India: Delhi gangrape: Victim's condition still critical,
   main accused
remorseless<http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Delhi-gangrape-Victim-s-condition-still-critical-main-accused-remorseless/Article1-974790.aspx%20%20?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15496&alert_id=cecWCjTgZY_NkHGqSZifi>

   2. Zee News: Delhi gang-rape victim fights for life, India demands
   justice<http://zeenews.india.com/news/delhi/delhi-gang-rape-girl-in-extreme-pain-india-prays_817569.html?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15496&alert_id=cecWCjTgZY_NkHGqSZifi>

   This email was sent by Change.org to asit1917 at gmail.com   |   Start a
petition<http://www.change.org/start-a-petition?source=footer&utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15496&alert_id=cecWCjTgZY_NkHGqSZifi>