[Reader-list] US : An anti-intellectual society

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 22:00:31 IST 2012

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM, BombayZack at hotmail.com
<bombayzack at hotmail.com> wrote:
>   > No you are wrong, it is not a case of somebody believing in religion.
>   > He would as well deny funds for people maimed for veterans if it fell within his purview.  'christian science' is clearly 'anti-science' .
>
> -- is flat out wrong.  It took me literally 45 seconds to find an example of him voting to expand medical services for maimed veterans --
> http://votesmart.org/bill/3247/8019/27097/department-of-veterans-affairs-improvement-act-of-2003#.UNp9I_JuKSo

Assuming that link is accurate, we have a clear example of 'real
contradiction' (dialethia) or a 'hypocrite of the worst order'
depending on how one wants to read it..

> How can you just make up such things???

Where was I making up anything? I was speaking in terms of
possibilities that would be consistent.

> As I said, there is ample history of anti-intellectualism but your post and reply does a disservice to making that point.

This remains a supportive example whatever.
How can people of such dubious integrity be even considered for high
offices in the first place?

Best

A. Mani

--