[Reader-list] nativity scene battles

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 23:02:30 IST 2012

http://www.alternet.org/belief/atheists-vs-christians-inside-one-americas-bitterest-nativity-scene-battles?paging=off

\quote
"How ridiculous," laughed Freedom From Religion Foundation
co-president Annie Laurie Gaylor, one target of Becker's terrorism
charge. "Christians do not own the month of December, which we've been
saying for years. But this is a real manifestation of the proprietary
feeling that this is their month. And we see this everywhere we go
when we complain about nativity scenes on public property, which often
stem from the '50s. Lots of these violations have their heart in the
Joseph McCarthy era."
\unquote

Best

A. Mani