[Reader-list] An appeal to support thane cyclone victims

fcrtgtn fcrtgtn at rediffmail.com
Wed Feb 8 11:13:56 IST 2012

Dear Sir,
Even after a month and add days, no big change has happened in Thane
cyclone affected areas of Cuddalore district.
Apart from some small scale interventions of Habitat for Humanity and
CASA, no International organizations have any operation here. Because
of the limited geography, the disaster had not obtained the attention
of global or even national humanitarian actors. During our medical
relief operation, we understand the hardships of the community.
With coalition of seven local grass root civil societies, we have
evolved a relief operation to reach out around 1500 households in 7
villages. With which we would like to distribute a package of
household essentials. The cost of each package is estimated as Rs 500.
We request  members  to sponsor packages in possible extend.
Even a small pinch of support in time makes more differences. On
behalf of , all civil society involved, FACE takes the responsibility
of updating group about the progresses.
Our earlier medical camps along with Arogya Sena, Pune had helped more
than 4000 needy and marginal people. Only because of our initiative, a
light on the issue of people was thrown and few others started
conducting medical camps (including one of PMK political party). There
is clear need of such camps; doctors are also available for service.
Whereas we are, need in of medicine. If any one is willing to donate
medicines, we can organize medical camps.
Expecting all your support to proceed further,
Dr P V Ravichandiran,
General Secretary/ FACE
09442333503
drravifaceindia at gmail.com

Note Kindly go through my article in Global South Development
Magazine, January,2012 and give your valuable comment
link:  http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/2/1736224/Global%20South%20Development%20Magazine%20Jan%202012.pdf