[Reader-list] Call For Entries -“FILM DIALOGUE – 2012”- BRICS YOUTH SHORT FILMS FESTIVAL/ Open Show Delhi # 2 | Call for submissions

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Fri Feb 10 07:20:38 IST 2012

The Russian Centre of Science and Culture (RCSC) jointly with the Citizen Film Forum (CFF) is glad to announce BRICS Youth Short Films Festival “Film Dialogue – 2012” in New Delhi from 13 to 16 March, 2012. The objective of the festival is to encourage young and emerging film-makers from the five BRICS countries viz. Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa by providing them a platform to showcase their films and to recognise their contribution by way of awards to the best judged films and certificates to all film-makers, whose films are screened at the festival.

A.	 Terms and Conditions

-	The films can be based on stories, ideas, themes, travelogues and documentaries, etc.

-	The films submitted should be original creation of the film-makers without any unauthorised copying /using of story, music, footage, etc.

-	Last date for the submission of films is February 25, 2012.

-	The films may be submitted by way of two viewable DVDs accompanied by a declaration in the prescribed format.

-	There is no entry fee for submitting films and each film-maker can submit upto two films.

-	The maximum duration of each film can be 15 minutes, including titles.

-	Films should have been made during the past three years, i.e.in 2009, 2010 or 2011.

-	The film-maker i.e. the Director/ Producer should be in the age-group of below 30 years as on December 31, 2011.

-	Films in languages, other than English, should have sub-titles in English.

-	Film-makers from outside India can send films directly to the organizers by courier or through the Embassies of their respective countries.

-	It will be appreciated if few photos and a poster (if any) on the film are also sent to the organizers (soft version & hard copy).

-	Films received will be first viewed by a Screening Committee to short list films for screening in the festival.

-	Films received will not be returned, but film-makers will continue to have full rights over their films for future use whatsoever.

-	The festival organisers may also show any, all or the awarded films in other events/occasions on non-commercial basis only.

-	The event details/ schedule will be sent to all the film-makers well on time.

-	The film-makers may bring their unit members and friends to attend the screenings.

-	The film-makers and unit members are requested to attend the festival all the days.

-	The participating film-makers will make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation.

For submission of films and queries, the contact details are as under;
FOR INDIAN FILMS:

1.	Mr. V.S. Mehta, Honorary Secretary, Citizens Film Forum, c/o Mr. R.K.Paul, Advisor - CFF ,
E-22, Preet Vihar, New Delhi -110092; M: 9818811329, 9711372722;
E-mail: secy.cff at gmail.com

2.	Mr. S.S. Sharma, Advisor (CFF); 70, Sector 9, Pocket 1, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075, M: 9968070197; Email: sss0045 at gmail.com

FOR FILMS FROM RUSSIA, CHINA, SOUTH AFRICA AND BRAZIL:
1.	Ms. Yelena Shtapkina, Deputy Director, Russian Centre of Science and Culture, 24 Ferozeshah Road, 110001; Email: india-06 at mail.ru

B.	Event details

-	The festival will be held at the Russian Centre of Science and Culture (RCSC) at 24, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi -110001, from 13 to 16 March, 2012.

-	The opening ceremony will be held on the ground floor of the RCSC at 6.00 to 6.30 pm, followed by high tea / informal interactions upto 7.00 pm and films screenings from 7.00 to 9.00 pm in the Cinema Hall on the second floor.

-	On March 14 and 15, the films will be shown from 6.00 to 9.00 p.m. at the same venue.

-	International Jury will decide the award-winning films under the categories of Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor-Male, Best Actor-Female, Best Cameraman and Best Script-Writer.

-	Beside the above, Viewers’’ Choice Award will be given to one film selected each day purely on the basis of voting by the audience.

-	Closing and award ceremony will be held on March 16 at 6.00 p.m. in the Cinema Hall of the RCSC.

-	All participating film-makers will be given certificates.

Open Show Delhi # 2 | Call for submissions

ABOUT OPEN SHOW
Open Show organizes compelling events around the world where the public can see powerful work and interact directly with photographers, filmmakers and multimedia producers in high-profile spaces.
>From students to award-winning professionals, the organization serves as both a project incubator through local social screenings and distribution platform through an international network of media and gallery partners. Learn more atwww.openshow.org.

SOCIAL SCREENINGS
Open Show invites the public to interact with 5 curated presenters (from students to award- winning professionals), who have 10 minutes each to show a 20 image project or 4-7 minute multimedia piece. Audience members are encouraged to interact directly with questions, comments and feedback to the creators. Both ongoing and completed work is accepted. We welcome diverse topics ranging from documentary to fine art.
Deadline: 17th February
Show Date: 25th February 2012.
RSVP: http://on.fb.me/wKYue6
More information: www.openshow.org/delhi

OPEN SHOW FORMAT
Five curated presenters have 15 minutes each to introduce one project. Both
ongoing and completed work is accepted. We welcome diverse topics ranging
from documentary to fine art.

It is a completely FREE event and submissions FREE as well.

http://openshow.org/submissions/

STILL IMAGE SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES
1) Up to 20 images on a single narrative topic or visual theme (note this
is NOT a portfolio review!).
2) File format: full-frame image 1500 pixels on the longest side (square
images should be 1500x1500 pixels), 72 DPI and JPEG format.
3) NO text on images, watermarks, masking, or borders.
4) Upload files via our online submission system

FILM/MULTIMEDIA SUBMISSIONS
1) Running time must be between 4-7 minutes.
2) Audio should be complementary (ambient recording, interview, etc.).
Anything NOT recorded by the presenter must be properly licensed.
3) If your work is accepted we will require a higher resolution MOV file.
4) Send a link to your project via our online submission system
5) If your project is selected we will need a Quicktime (.MOV) file at
1024x768 pixels exported using the H.264 Codec and a maximum of 250 MB. We
cannot accept Soundslides files, Adobe Flash files or other formats.

EVERYTHING ELSE
* You MUST be present at Open Show for your work to be shown, so please
keep your schedule free for the show date.

* You will need to speak about yourself and your work
1) Quick bio. Where do you come from/live? Current job?
2) Background. How did you get into Photography?
3) Project genesis. What sparked this story or visual theme?
4) Your goals. What do you want to get out of tonight? Feedback on
something particular?
5) Next steps. What will you do with it? How do you plan to distribute?

* This is an INTERACTIVE salon, pause to give audience members a chance to
ask questions or comment!
* Our event team creates all title slides and NO explanatory text slides
are allowed.
* Open Show will notify artists the week of the show to announce who will
be presenting.

If you have any questions, drop us an email:
delhi at openshow.org

Location Details:

Date: February 25' 2012 at 6:00pm
Venue: Max Mueller Bhawan, 3 KG Marg, New Delhi 110001

You can also nominate someone you know has amazing work that needs to get seen via our online nomination system.
http://openshow.org/nominate/

Open Show Delhi team is still building, if you would like to volunteer or have a suggestion for the venue, please email us at delhi at openshow.org.

-- Mridul Batra
Open Show