[Reader-list] Urgently Required: Delhi-based filmmakers to volunteer for a non-profit organization

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Wed Feb 22 19:54:22 IST 2012

Dear All,

Green DreamFoundation (http://www.greendreamfoundation.org/)– a small non-profit organization focused on generating awareness againstGlobal Warming – has partnered with WWF India (2nd year in arow) to market their event - Earth Hour 2012 (http://www.earthhour.org/),a global event organized on the last Saturday of March every year. As part ofthis event, households and businesses are invited to ‘switch-off’ their lightsand other appliances for one hour on this day to raise awareness ofsustainability issues. In 2011, Earth Hour saw hundreds of millions of peopleacross 5,200 cities and towns in 135 countries switch off for an hour. Thisyear, Earth Hour is being observed on March 31st, 2012 from 8:30pm to 9:30 pm.

Last year, wepartnered with their marketing wing to spread the word around through oursocial media channels. This year we plan to go beyond the hour and show oursupport to the cause to a wider extent. To instill awareness for thisinitiative among people, we are planning to shoot a video highlighting thecause. We made an attempt last year by creating an simple video in this effect:http://youtu.be/itzvMzHT5lc. This year the video will feature representatives from selected corporates andeducational institutions across Delhi-NCR. This would be a good way for theseinstitutions to promote Environmental Employee Engagement (EEE) amongtheir employees and also be a part of a global initiative. This would also givethem a chance to associate with a selfless cause and earn some mileage on theirCSR dashboard.

This year we areplanning to shoot a professional video (of duration not more than 3 minutes) tohighlight this cause. This video will beshared with thousands of viewers worldwide across our social media platformsand will help us instill awareness among masses. The video will featurerepresentatives from selected corporates and educational institutions acrossDelhi-NCR. We would feature the interview of representatives from theseinstitutions and also cover the Environmental Employee Engagement activities ofthe companies.

We urgently require filmmakers and documentary-professionalsbased out of Delhi-NCR to volunteer for this and partner with us in theproduction of this video. We need to start the production soon and launch thevideo by March 1st week. Interested organizations/individuals cancontact me at the phone number or email given below.

The official video for Earth Hour 2012 (Global) can be seenhere: http://youtu.be/FovYv8vf5_E

Thanks again,

Green Regards,
Abhishek Agarwal