[Reader-list] Researcher for a study on innovation and entrepreneurship in India

Yuvraj Singh yuvraj.singh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 21:02:15 IST 2012

Hi Nagesh

Thanks for sparing your precious time for this mail.
I am a graduate student of Engineering management and Entrepreneurship
at Duke University. I have completed my first semester and due to some
personal problem have to return to India for this semester, I have
strong interest in Entrepreneurship and am associated as a technical
consultant in ShelfRelief.com(A startup in Duke University) and my own
recent startup called exploreunseenindia.com. I have taken subjects
like new Product development and Marketing which probes new ideas as a
potential buisness.

I was extremely interested in this research and will love to extend my
help in this. Additional I can also include and take help of some of
the erudite faculty form Duke University and some Entrepreneur Alum
for the college. I am not sure about the remuneration, Please suggest
me you budget and we can adjust accordingly,

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Nisha . <nisha2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please apply/circulate further with a request to write directly to the
> email given below:
>
> Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Public Policy Researcher
>

> Work Description:
>
> The broad objective is to study and analyse the innovation and
> entrepreneurship space in India by interacting with government agencies,
> corporations and venture capitalists and to benchmark with countries that
> have had major successes in this area.
>

> This work will be used to make policy suggestions to the policy-makers for
> changes in the policy regime to promote innovation and encourage
> entrepreneurship, and for advocacy with the investors who have an interest
> in encouraging entrepreneurship to see investment in innovation as a tool
> for broader economic development.
> Output:
>
> Researcher will have to come up with a paper that clearly covers the entire
> innovation and entrepreneurship space in India, specifically, the following:
> 1. The whole range of activities in this space by the various stakeholders
> in the country
> 2. Models that can succeed, public or private, based on the study of
> various models tried out in the other countries
> 3. Public private partnership models that should be adopted with clear
> justification, analysis of likely success rate and conditionality for
> success
>
> *Duration and data for review: *
>
> The study will be spanning a month or so. Most materials are available
> publicly online.
>

> Remuneration:
>
> Limited resources are available for payment. Interested persons should
> quote a lump-sum (all inclusive) for complete work.
>

> Person specification:
>
> Researcher should have good understanding of the entrepreneurship, market,
> public policy and innovation.
>

> Preference will be given to persons who have done similar work in the past
> or are already pursuing a research related to the work described here.
>

> Application:
>
> Please send the CV with suggested study methodology and expected lump-sum
> remuneration to *nagesh at innovationplanet.org* <nagesh at innovationplanet.org>
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> nisha

Yuvraj Kumar Singh