[Reader-list] Will Israel attack Iran?

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 21:18:55 IST 2012

Documents mainly:

http://chss.montclair.edu/english/furr/essays/rokach.html

Israel Prepares For War Against Iran
 By Peter Symonds

http://www.countercurrents.org/symonds270112.htm

A lengthy article, “Will Israel Attack Iran,” published in this week’s
New York Times confirms that Israel has made advanced preparations for
military strikes on Iran. The author—Ronen Bergman, a well-connected
political analyst with the Israeli newspaper Yedioth
Ahronoth—concluded: “After speaking to many senior Israeli leaders and
chiefs of the military and the intelligence, I have come to believe
that Israel will indeed strike Iran in 2012.”

But see http://www.countercurrents.org/escobar190112.htm .... the
argument is based on economic interests of other countries.

I am inclined to think that the western strategists like to take great
risks. But given the lessons from Iraq, direct attack is unlikely.
So something remotely similar to the proxy strategy used by the
US-UK-CIA nexus on Cambodia
(See http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=156593.0) would be
quite possible.

Best