[Reader-list] Film Screenings in February

Chandni Parekh chandni_parekh at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 18:33:29 IST 2012

Hello,

As many of you know, I've been compiling information on screenings of
documentaries, short films, regional cinema, world cinema and film
festivals in India every month since 2009.

I share this list on a few e-groups and on the Vikalp at Prithvi Facebook
page (which I manage) on the 1st of every month.

Since last month, I've also started updating the list on
http://tinyurl.com/vikalp-prithvi when I come to know about any
screening that I didn't know about while compiling the information.

Visit http://on.fb.me/xxoH28 to know about films that were screened in
Jan 2012 and feel free to contribute to this one-stop shop for
information on film screenings in India.

Also, find below a list of films that will be shown by various groups
in Feb '12. I'll be updating the Facebook page with details of the
documentaries that will be shown on NDTV 24x7 once they send me the
list.

'Cotton for my Shroud' by Nandan Saxena and Kavita Bahl, Feb 1, Pune
http://bit.ly/whOgZG

2nd Flashpoint Human Rights Film Festival, Feb 3-5, Delhi
http://delhi.afindia.org/node/4969

12th Mumbai International Film Festival, Feb 3-9
http://www.ncpamumbai.com/event/mumbai-international-film-festival-2012

'Behold the Bumblebee' by Nanni Moretti (Italian), Feb 4, Delhi
http://bit.ly/lr087L

Films at the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival, Feb 4-12, Bombay
http://www.kalaghodaassociation.com

'My Greatest Escape' by Fabienne Godet (French), Feb 6, Bombay
http://bombay.afindia.org/node/4872

'Partners in Crime' by Paromita Vohra, Feb 8, Pune
http://bit.ly/whOgZG

'I am Self-Sufficient' by Nanni Moretti (Italian), Feb 8 and 11, Delhi
http://bit.ly/lr087L

Persistence Resistance Film Festival, Feb 9-15 and Feb 17, Delhi
http://magiclanternfoundation.org/persistence-resistance-2012

'Jai Bhim Comrade' by Anand Patwardhan, Feb 10 and 11, Bombay
http://www.facebook.com/patwardhananand

Short Films presented by Shamiana, Feb 11 and 23, Pune
http://www.facebook.com/groups/256621014358788

'Louise-Michel' by Gustave de Kervern and Benoit Delepine (French),
Feb 13, Bombay
http://bombay.afindia.org/node/4880

'Blood and Iron' by Paranjoy Guha Thakurta, Feb 15, Pune
http://bit.ly/whOgZG

'Inspector Lavardin' by Claude Chabrol (French), Feb 15, Bombay
http://bombay.afindia.org/node/4885

Vikalp at Alliance Screening of 'My Camera and Tsunami' by R V Ramani,
Feb 16, Bombay
http://bombay.afindia.org/node/4887

'Diary of a Common Man' by Swaroop Sabanur and 'So Heddan So Hoddan'
by Anjali Monteiro and K P Jayasankar, Feb 17, Bombay
http://www.ncpamumbai.com/event/fresh-pix-double-bill

Three Films about Delhi, Feb 18, Delhi
http://www.facebook.com/events/182721055163181

Short Films presented by Shamiana, Feb 18, Ahmedabad
http://www.facebook.com/groups/216425228393016

Short Films presented by Shamiana, Feb 19, Baroda
http://www.facebook.com/groups/241585092532586

'All About Actresses' by Maïwenn (French), Feb 21, Bombay
http://bombay.afindia.org/node/4893

Bring Your Own Film Festival, Feb 21-25, Orissa
http://www.facebook.com/groups/152917701409807

'The Men in the Tree' by Lalit Vachani, Feb 22, Pune
http://bit.ly/whOgZG

Short Films presented by Shamiana, Feb 22, Bangalore
http://www.facebook.com/groups/194376037298374

Vibgyor International Film Festival, Feb 22-26, Thrissur, Kerala
http://bit.ly/yOyUTO

Irish Film Festival of India, Feb 23, 24 and 26, Bombay
http://www.ncpamumbai.com/event/irish-film-festival-india

'Semshook' by Siddharth Anand Kumar, Feb 24, Bombay
http://www.ncpamumbai.com/event/semshook

Short Films presented by Shamiana, Feb 24, Delhi
http://www.facebook.com/groups/156235971085102

6th International Short Film Festival of India, Feb 24-25, Chennai
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/docuwallahs2/message/10533

Vikalp at Prithvi's 5th Anniversary Screening of 'Muktir Gaan' ('The Song
of Freedom') by Tareque Masud, Monday, Feb 27 at 7 pm at Prithvi
Theatre's Auditorium, Juhu, Bombay
http://www.facebook.com/events/311381265580108

'Café Elektric' by Gustav Ucicky (German), Feb 29, Bombay
http://bit.ly/xP3R9E

'Sunny Spells' by Diasteme (French), Feb 29, Bombay
http://bombay.afindia.org/node/4889

- Chandni