[Reader-list] Unpacking 'Fulminations': Caste and Patriarchy (By Anu Ramdas @Round Table India)

anoop kumar anoopkheri at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 17:15:47 IST 2012

Unpacking 'Fulminations': Caste and
Patriarchy<http://roundtableindia.co.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5412:unpacking-fulminations-caste-and-patriarchy&catid=119:feature&Itemid=132>

"We have seen Dalit intellectuals fulminate rightly against an unmarked and
global feminism, and now it seems important that they examine their own
complicity with the violent politics of caste patriarchy and masculinity."

 -  V Geetha

The above quote is also from the same article in *The Hindu* to which I
refer, in '*My Man<http://roundtableindia.co.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5364:my-man&catid=119:feature&Itemid=132>
'*. This statement about dalit intellectuals commenting on feminism is
surely backed by solid evidence, given that it is being made to the
national audience of this newspaper. So where exactly have these dalit
intellectuals made these 'fulminations'? Who are they? What are the
citations? If this author is referring to dalit intellectuals'
interventions in Indian languages, one wonders why such texts have not been
translated and made available, as the English-reading audience of this
newspaper is being referred to the existence of this discourse?

I don't know what the readers make out of this part of the sentence "*We
have seen Dalit intellectuals fulminate rightly against an unmarked and
global feminism*," but to my mind, it is referring to some intervention by
dalit intellectuals to which the readers are neither given a background nor
clues to locate the source.
Read the complete article at Unpacking 'Fulminations': Caste and
at* Round Table India (www.roundtableindia.co.in)*

--
"Rosa sat so Martin could walk; Martin walked so Obama could run, Obama ran
so your children can fly"