[Reader-list] RE-IMAGINE INDIA-UK: FUTURE AND REINVENTION EDINBURGH YOUTH SUMMIT 2012 ONLINE VIDEO CONTEST

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Sun Jun 3 18:38:18 IST 2012

Win a chance to present your views on the India-UK relationship in Edinburgh this August. Take part in our online video contest and be the voice of the youth. Hurry, last date for entries is 18 June 2012.

Take part in our online video contest and win a chance to present your views on the future of India-UK relations to the Culture Ministers of India and Scotland in Edinburgh this August. Application form https://reimaginecontest.wufoo.eu/forms/reimagine/
Wanted: Your views. Do you think the India-UK cultural relationship is important to future generations? How do you see it today? Are you good at capturing the thoughts of your generation and community, and would you like to help us begin a dialogue?
Then take part in our online video contest and win a chance to present your views on the future of India-UK relations to the Culture Ministers of India and Scotland in Edinburgh this August.
We are looking for 10 dynamic communicators, five each from India and the UK, to take part in a summit on the theme ofIndia-UK: Future and Re-Invention around the Culture Ministers’ Summit in Edinburgh in August 2012, immediately after the closing ceremony of the Olympics and before the Edinburgh Festivals.
Eligibility criteria

You have to be between the ages of 19-25 years as on 31 May 2012.
You have to have a valid passport
You have to be a citizen and resident of either UK or India
You have to have good communication skills and have an interest in community or cultural relations activities

What you need to do
You will need to make a five minute long video about how you, your generation and your community see the future of the UK-India relationship. Focusing on the voices of people in the age group of 15 – 25 years, you will try to capture their opinions on the India-UK relationship, and communicate how they see it developing in the future. Please include a brief introduction on yourself in the video.
Important dates
The contest opens 28 May 2012 and last day for entries is 18 June 2012.
The application form will be available here.https://reimaginecontest.wufoo.eu/forms/reimagine/
Here are some questions you may want to address in your video. Feel free to improvise.

What might the future hold for the UK-India relationship? Try to imagine it! What can India expect from the UK in the 21stCentury?
What can India expect from the UK in the 21st Century?
What can UK expect out of India in the 21st Century?
What is the best thing about India/ UK?
What would you like to change about India/ UK?
Is there a specific area in which you would like to see India and UK working together?
How would we achieve this?
Will we matter to each other in ten years?
Would you like to work/ live/ study in India? (Applicants from UK)
Would you like to work/ live/ study in UK? (Applicants from India)

Some things to keep in mind:

What matters is the content, how imaginatively you capture the themes.
Your video will not be judged on technical skill and quality.
The video can be a maximum of 5 mins duration. Upload it on Youtube and send us a completed application form with the link therein.
Please use your creativity, insight and imagination in making the video! The questions are only a set of guidelines to help you understand the themes better.
Please ensure you have the consent of those you film and let them know that your film may be used in a number of media including the print and the web by the British Council.
We are looking for participants with an interest in this subject who have good communication skills.
Ten winners will be chosen, 5 each from India and the UK who will attend a 3 day workshop in Edinburgh. Expenses and arrangements of airfare and accommodation and the UK visa fees will be made by the British Council. Acquiring of the UK visa will be the individual’s responsibility.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you to represent the voice of the youth of your country to the highest offices in government. It’s time for you to speak up, and be heard.
Good luck!
Application form https://reimaginecontest.wufoo.eu/forms/reimagine/
For any queries please write to ReImagine at in.britishcouncil.org