[Reader-list] National Film Festival 2012 begins at Sirifort, New Delhi

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Tue Jun 5 10:03:49 IST 2012

National Film Festival 2012 began at Sirifort Auditorium 2 in New Delhi on 1st June 2012. The festival was inaugurated by veteran filmmaker, critic and pioneer of the film society movement in India, Ms. Vijay Mulay along with Shri Khurshid Ahmed Ganai, Joint Secretary (Films), Ministry of Information & Broadcasting in the august presence of Ms. Revathy, well known actress and film maker and Shri Umesh Kulkarni Director of DEOOL (winner of three National Film awards, Best Feature Film, Best Actor & Best Dialogues. DEOOL (Marathi) was the Opening Feature Film and RED BUILDING WHERE THE SUN SETS (Best Film on family values) was the Opening Non-Feature Film.

The festival, being organized by the Directorate of Film Festivals, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting will showcase all the award winning feature as well as non-feature films of the recently announced 59th National Film Awards. During the 10 day festival, 24 feature films and 21 non-feature films will be screened.

>From 2nd June 2012 onwards, the films will be screened in 3 time slots daily i.e. 10.30 A.M., 2.00 P.M. & 5.30 P.M. All the screenings will be in Siri Fort Auditorium II. The entry will be free of charge but on first-come-first-served basis.

The feature films which will be screened during the Festival are ADHIMADHYANTHAM (Malayalam), INDIAN RUPEE (Malayalam), I AM AFIA MEGHA ABIMANYU OMAR (Hindi), GAME (Hindi), RANJANA AMI AR ASHBONA (Bengali), KURMAVATARA (Kannada), SHALA (Marathi), DILLE CH VASYA KOI (Dogri), RA.ONE (Hindi), VAGAI SODA VA (Tamil), PHIJIGEE MANI (Manipuri), AZHAGARSAMIYIN KUTHRAI (Tamil), ABHOSHESHEY (Bengali), NOUKADUBI (Bengali), LAPTOP (Bengali), BAL GANDHARVA (Marathi), THE DIRTY PICTURE (Hindi), CHILLAR PARTY (Hindi), BYARI (Byari), AARANYAKANDAM (Tamil), ZINDAGI NA MILEGI DOBARA (Hindi), STANLEY KA DABBA (Hindi) & ANHEY GHODE DA DAAN (Punjabi).

The non-feature films which will be screened during the Festival are A DROP OF SUNSHINE, THE SILENT POET, 1,2, DREAM FULFILLED-MEMORIES OF THE ENGINEERING CHALLENGES, THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE AIR, TIGER DYNASTY, BOM, INSHALLAH FOOTBALL, JAI BHIM COMRADE, VISHNUPANT DAMLE : BOL PATANCHA MOOK NAYAK, PANCHAKKI, MAINSCAPES OF LOVE AND LONGING…., COTTON FOR MY SHROUD, AND WE PLAY ON, JUST THAT SORT OF A DAY, THE FINISH LINE, AIRAWAT, YOU DON’T BELONG, LASYA KAVYA- THE WORLD OF ALARMEL VALLI, FRIED FISH, CHICKEN SOUP AND A PREMIERE SHOW.

http://dff.nic.in/PublicScreeningof59thNFA-WinningFilms.pdf