[Reader-list] Beyond Regionalism: Evolving South Asia

Rajkamal Goswami rajkamalgoswami at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 09:55:44 IST 2012

I would like to comment on the issue of regionalism fuelled violence and
exploitation as it exist is South Asia (henceforth SA) which seems to have
been commented upon by the author to highlight marginalised communities in
the various countries of SA. In SA, one is more likely to observe "plural
monoculturalism" rather then multiculturalism leading to widespread
violation of cultural freedom, individual freedom as well as basic human
rights. The widespread inequalities only fuels this cultural malaise
further giving rise to regionalism. Increasing regionalism and identity
based violence represents one of the great contradictions of a globalised
modern world and SA is no exception in that regard.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Zulfiqar Shah <shahzulf at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here is the link of my article, 'Beyond Regionalism: Evolving South Asia'
> published here today in OPED pages of Daily Republica, Kathmandu, Nepal.
>

> http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=36262
>

> Zulfiqar Shah
> Kathmandu

Rajkamal