[Reader-list] AMU blocks Facebook, says it ‘hurts religious sentiments’

Samantak Das kokopeli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:33:41 IST 2012

I agree it is ridiculous, but my university, Jadavpur University in
Kolkata, has blocked Facebook for a long time now without really assigning
any reason. It had blocked Youtube too but unblocked it after students and
faculty members protested. It will be interesting to know how many
universities and colleges block access to social networking sites and the
grounds on which they justify such censorship.
Samantak