[Reader-list] Happy New Sindhi Year

Zulfiqar Shah shahzulf at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 21:47:34 IST 2012

Dear
all:

March
24, 2012 is the beginning of the Sindh New Year, 2069. The day is called Cheti Chand.
This used to be a hundreds years old celebration and was in practice till the partition
of Indian Subcontinent in 1947 and has especial reference of the celebration with
the Jholey Lal, a saint at Tando Adam, district Sanghar (near the shrine of
Bhittai).

Jhooley
Lal is a saint that is equally claimed by Sindhi Muslims and Hindus. Hindu considers
him Hindu and Muslim consider him Muslim. This is one of the places in Sindh,
where a mosque and a temple exist under one roof and people do pray there.

It
becomes cultural responsibility for me to forward my heartily New Sindhi Year
Greetings to all, with the commitment that in upcoming New
Sindhi Year 2070, in March we 2013 will celebrate it in the whole of the
province after 65 years.

Regards,

Zulfiqar
Shah