[Reader-list] INSAF APPEAL "RESIST GLOBALISATION - Solidarity with Dr. Sunilam."

asit das asit1917 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 14:56:41 IST 2012

*INSAF APPEAL -- "RESIST GLOBALISATION - Solidarity with Dr. Sunilam."*

 Indian government today is far more committed in aiding the corporates to
plunder the natural resources at the cost of lives and livelihoods of the
people. In it's pursuit to promote globalisation, the government has
allowed the unfettered abuse of the law and institutions to silence all
those who resist this plunder.

 Madhya Pradesh (MP) has witnessed the gravest wide-ranging of corporate
plunder and genocides. Be it the Bhopal genocide by Union Carbide or the
attack on people and natural resources by *S
Kumars<http://www.narmada.org/index.html>
*, *Mahan Coal (of Essar &
Hindalco)<http://www.downtoearth.org.in/content/mahan-all-costs>
* and many others, more recently by
*Adani.<http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-01/nagpur/29838054_1_land-acquisition-villages-mpeb>
* From firings on struggling people to fabricated cases and attacks on
activists, the saga goes on. In response the region is witness to the most
powerful peoples movements, which have inspired movements all over India
and are known in many parts of the world.

 Dr. Sunilam, farmers' movement leader and founder of Kisan Sangharsh
Samiti was falsely arrested and imprisoned for three months in the *farmers
struggle at Multai,
M.P.<http://www-secure.amnesty.org/en/library/info/ASA20/014/2000/en>
* where 24 farmers were shot dead and 250 injured by police firing in
January 1998. The government lodged 66 false cases against Dr Sunilam and
his associate farmers in one single incident of police firing in
*Multai<http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=21.77,78.25&spn=1.0,1.0&q=21.77,78.25%28Multai%29&t=h>
*. In May 2011, he and his associates were badly injured by company goons
while protesting against *Adani Thermal Power Plant
<http://www.pudr.org/content/pudr-strongly-condemns-vicious-attack-adani-goons-those-protesting-against-adani-power-proje>
*and Pench Water Diversion Project.

 Recently on 30th March 2012, the CBI has produced a challan against him in
a case on the brutal attacks and evictions of *Pardhis (denotified tribe)
in 2007<http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/article1082435.ece>
*. Even in this case the High Court had ordered a CBI investigation in
2009. The CBI, infamous for it being an instrument in the hands of the
ruling parties took three long years and deliberately implicated Dr.
Sunilam in the said case.

 We strongly feel that Dr. Sunilam is being set-up in a vendetta by the
State for his fearless anti-corporate struggles and has unleashed this
weapon to silence him and allow Adani and such corporates to flourish. We
can all come together and debate his role, connivance or silence in the
2007 massacre, but cannot afford to play into the hands of ferocious
corporates like Adani.

 We are pained to note that certain activists from our own fraternity have
launched a campaign against Dr. Sunilam at such a crucial juncture and are
unwittingly helping the powers that aspire to single out Dr. Sunilam and
silence the dissenting voice. He we appeal to all friends and supporters in
the movements to bury the differences and join in solidarity with Dr.
Sunilam to defeat this design of the corporate-led Indian State.

 In Solidarity with Dr. Sunilam!

*Indian Social Action Forum (INSAF) <http://insafindia.org/>*

--
RESIST globalisation COMBAT communalism DEFEND democracy
http://www.insafindia.org