[Reader-list] CollabFeature: International Co-Production Film Group

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Sun May 6 19:21:10 IST 2012

CollabFeature is a group of independent filmmakers from all over the world who have come together to create multi-director feature films. Each filmmaker writes and directs a segment of the bigger story in his or her own country. By pooling our talents and resources, we are creating something bigger than the sum of its parts — a kind of film that has never been made before.
Current and Upcoming Projects
In early 2011, we wrapped principal photography on the first CollabFeature project.  The untitled “backpack” film travels through 14 countries on five continents in search of a mysterious man.   Clues as to his whereabouts and his past are discovered via the contents of his lost backpack.  The bag serves as the main character of the film, tying together different stories, cultures and film styles into a single narrative plot.  The ”backpack” film is now in post-production and will premiere around the world in early 2012, screening in each of the 18 cities in which it was filmed.
The second CollabFeature, “Train Station” (working title) is currently filming around the world.  It follows one main character who is “played” by different actors in different international cities.  Each scene is filmed by a different director who continues the story, re-interpreting the situation in his/her own style.  “Train Station” involves over 40 filmmakers in 26 counries.  As we are nearing the end of principal photography, we still have room for a few more filmmakers.
Other projects in the works include “The Power Outage” featuring a world-wide blackout that spreads from city to city, leaving characters in the dark, a film about a comedic character on a round-the-world journey, a satire about the music industry, and several documentary ideas. And we are always looking for new premises.
If you would like to write and direct a segment for one of our upcoming projects, please read the FAQsection http://www.collabfeature.com/faq/
and
apply to join CollabFeature here.http://www.collabfeature.com/join.html

The Trainstation Project
Train Station” (working title) is a film about possibilities. Choices. Alternate paths. Currently filming all over the world.
We still have room for a few more filmmakers in the “Train Station” project. Plus we have many more CollabFeature projects planned for the future.
Filmmakers: If you are interested in directing a segment for one of our future projects please enter your email address in the form below. You will be sent a link to our online questionnaire. For more information you can read the Project Description ( http://www.collabfeature.com/project-description-2/)  and FAQ sections. Please Note: In order to be considered as a director you must be able to show us samples of your work online.
To JOIN Log on to  http://collabfeature.com/join.html
Composers, Musicians, Editors, Volunteers: If you are interested in participating in our project please email our coordinator Connie Shea atcoordinator at collabfeature.com.