[Reader-list] Geekup with Vivek Durai and Amith Narayan on open law and contracts

Zainab Bawa bawazainab79 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 10:08:16 IST 2012

Dear all,

HasGeek <http://hasgeek.com>and the Centre for Internet and
Society<http://cis-india.org> invite
you to a Geekup - public lecture - with Vivek Durai, joined by Amith
Narayan on Skype - on Friday, 18 May, at The Centre for Internet and
Society.

Vivek and Amith will be speaking about the Awesome Contracts Project.

*Contracts are ubiquitous in our everyday life. They are also a nuisance.
And they typically come attached with a bigger nuisance - lawyers!
Interestingly though, contracts are a lot like code. Geek-lawyers, a very
small, minuscule tribe on this planet, tend to notice a lot of similarities
between the two. If this is true, it opens up a lot of possibilities,
including changing the way we do business and in particular generate
contracts, negotiate and seal deals.
We'll talk about some of the technology and some of the products we're
working on that we think can provide power to a lot of folks.
*
Time: 5 PM - 7 PM

We also welcome lightening talks, of 5 minutes duration, before the
lecture, presenting interesting work that any member of the audience would
like to introduce the others to.

After the Geekup, we would like to spend some time discussing The Fifth
Elephant, HasGeek’s data science and technology conference to be held on
27-28 July in Bangalore.

For more details, visit http://geekup.in

Regards,

Zainab
--
Zainab Bawa
Ph.D. Student and Independent Researcher

http://writerruns.wordpress.com/
... ambling along roads and courses, not knowing whether I am running
towards a destination or whether the act of running is destination in itself