[Reader-list] The Little Book of Kabul - Update

francesca recchia kiccovich at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 11:56:58 IST 2012

Dear all

Hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to send you an update on The Little Book of Kabul.

It is almost two months since we started this intensive phase of the
research: it has been so far an amazing human and professional
experience. the four main "characters" of the book - Rahim Walizada,
Kabul Dreams, Massood Sanjer and Rahraw Omarzad - have been a constant
source of inspiration and are opening for us unexpected worlds inside
Kabul. Most of our discoveries are on our daily updates on the blog -
almost a book around the book: the blog intends to give the readers all
the necessary context so that once The Little Book of Kabul is published
they could simply dive into the details.

In the past weeks we have finalised the agreement with our publisher
Foxhead Books <cid:part1.00000506.08090803 at gmail.com> - and we are
really very happy about it.

As some of you may know, the research part of our project is completely
self funded. Hence we have began a fixed funding Indiegogo campagn
<cid:part2.01050802.04060606 at gmail.com> to cover the main expenses the
we are facing. They include: transports, travels (I am not based in
Kabul so have to fly out of town every month to sort my Visa),
translations. And since we have decided to shoot in film we have the
costs of film rolls (we shot 29 in the first month...), of the chemicals
that Lorenzo needs to develop them and plus there are the costs of good
printing.

We have 11 days left till the end of the campaign and still a lot to
raise - it is a colossal enterprise, but we have received so far great
support and encouragement and we trust that with your help we will be
able to make it!

We are writing to ask for your contribution: to buy your copy of the
book in advance - this will help us managing the costs and will give you
back in a few months a beautiful publication, or a copy of the book and
a print out of one of Lorenzo's photos with a little bit of extra money.

Also, crowd-funding campaigns can only work if they manage to reach out
to people outside one's own network: we would be deeply grateful if you
could share this mail with your contacts and through your access to
social media.

Get in touch if you want more information and thank you in advance for
your support.

Warmly
francesca

--