[Reader-list] Dossier: A Two-pronged Strategy for Reinvigorating the Opposition in Punjab / Additions to Map of Shame

Pukhraj Singh pukhraj at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 12:56:40 IST 2012

*Dossier: A Two-pronged Strategy for Reinvigorating the Opposition in
Punjab (12-09-12)*
http://abroo.in/blog/dossier-a-two-pronged-strategy-for-reinvigorating-the-opposition-in-punjab/

1. This expansive dossier – dated 12th September, 2012, and originally
addressed to Smt. Ambika Soni ji – postulates a strategic and tactical
paradigm to bolster the oppositional discourse in the state by
leveraging the two historical trump cards that have always proved
advantageous to Congress: namely, Dalits and the regional media. We
have decided to make it public.

2. It was almost providential that this appeal heralded the return of
Madam Soni to the party fold in a much empowered capacity after the
Cabinet reshuffle.

3. The seemingly contrarian analysis lays its foundation on the
grassroots activism and the investigations undertaken by Abroo (ਆਬਰੂ),
that has successfully uncovered many startling facts relating to the
sociopolitical condition of Dalits and the unrestrained hegemony of
the media mafia in the region; golden opportunities that Punjab
Congress has failed to exploit in the recent months.

4. The note was very well-received by the top echelon of the national
and state party leadership, leading to a major shift in their strategy
(http://goo.gl/unfkU).

5. We are not related to Congress in any official or unofficial
capacity. Abroo (ਆਬਰੂ) is a post-partisan and trans-ideological
initiative inspired by the American federal electoral model of
‘political action committees’ (there will be more developments on this
in the coming year!). We aspire to make crucial and timely
interventions into the public policy and the political discourse of
Punjab, highlighting the plight and alleviating the condition of the
downtrodden.

*Additions to 'Punjab's Map of Shame'*
Two more villages, Sur Singh and Sarhali, have been added to 'Punjab's
Map of Shame', and a new incident has emerged from Dhotian. Go to the
following link to know what kind of caste atrocities were perpetrated
there: http://abroo.in/punjabs-map-of-shame/.