[Reader-list] Discussion with C S Lakshmi on archives, access, infrastructure and future

Zainab Bawa bawazainab79 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 20:27:46 IST 2012

Dear all,

I am organizing a short discussion with Dr. C S Lakshmi, founder of SPARROW
archives in Mumbai on questions of access to archives, sustenance of
archives given the costs of infrastructure, and future of archives and the
knowledges held within the documents when digitization takes place. The
discussion will take place on Thursday, 29th Nov, at 5 PM IST at the Centre
for Internet and Society (CIS), Bangalore.

Here is a link to the description of the session:
http://cis-india.org/openness/autonomy-access-infrastructure-future-a-discussion-with-cs-lakshmi-on-sparrow-archive

We will try and live stream the discussion. I will send the details to this
list once I have done the setup on Thursday afternoon. It will be nice if
you can join us in the discussion and ask questions.

Tim Davies and I will publish a short transcript of the discussion for the
JCI Special Issue on Open Data, forthcoming in Dec 2013.

Regards,

Zainab

http://writerruns.wordpress.com/
... ambling along roads and courses, not knowing whether I am running
towards a destination or whether the act of running is destination in itself